1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got My Toshiba HD-A35

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by mclure, Oct 9, 2007.

1. mclure

mclure Member

Finally got my HD-A35 through Value Electronics and I am one happy camper! Load times are noticeably faster, and I finally have TrueHD decoding via HDMI. For my A/V receiver I'm running an Onkyo 705. Personally, I do hear a difference in TrueHD as compared to DD and DD+. And it's a positive difference. I've read several posts all over the internet of how TrueHD is not that different than DD and DD+, but it is in my opinion. I've watched 300, The Departed, and Happy Feet. All looked simply amazing. All are TrueHD discs, and 300 was simply incredible. I was ducking every now and then with all of the surround sound! Upconversion of SD discs was also extremely good in my opinion. I busted out with the classic Smokey and the Bandit and it looked really good. I played Cars, and I damn near thought it was an HD-DVD disc. For $499 I think it's a steal, and you won't be disappointed.

Bobby

Onkyo TX-SR705
    Toshiba HD-A35
    Sony KDS-50A2000
    Xbox 360 Elite

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Thanks mclure for the helpful review!

Ced

3. Playr

Playr Regular member

Bobby,

Thanks for the review. I have the same RPTV but using an OPPO 981HD DVD player for now. Kinda waiting for the XBOX360 to have built-in HD-DVD drive and HDMI connector(s).