1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my xbox flashed with the key and now some games stay at black screen

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Bookable, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Bookable

Bookable Member

I want to reflash my LiteOn drive. I do have all of the files that were from the flashing. However i flashed 2 xboxes and they are all just piled in one folder. Is there anyway to tell if the key file that i am looking at is for my LiteOn or for my Samsung. Could i open it up in notepad or something?

2. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

Just load your dumy.bin into source, lt+1.1 into target then lite-on erase and then write, if its the wrong key repeat procedure with the other dummy.bin, i am assuming this is a 7xxxx series? Dont forget to outro when flashing is complete!!

3. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

4. Bookable

Bookable Member

Both Dummy.bin files put out the same key. But it says the vendor is Lite-on when i only have one lite on drive. It basically says all of the details of the one i want to flash when i have only the dummy.bin file loaded in the source (no drive plugged in at the moment)

Does this mean that it is for my lite on drive? because i only flashed 2 drives before and one was lite on and one was Samsung or Toshiba. Don't remember.

Thanks in advance!

*EDIT- Also where would you get the firmware that could read xbox games to back them up? I have the Blaster CK3, which allows me to easily swap out the firmwares. (So i could use my xbox as a temporary backing up drive)

Thanks again!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  5. Bookable

Bookable Member

Here is what JF shows when i load the dummy.bin file

[​IMG]

Does the "Vendor" "Lite-On" mean that the dummy.bin was from a lite on drive?

I'm assuming so but i just don't want to accidentally brick my xbox

6. evvdcaec

evvdcaec Member

Yes, that means that the key is for a Lite-On. No worries about bricking it.

7. Bookable

Bookable Member

OK, I got my Xbox flashed again. Now it plays most games but not some such as Black ops, Halo reach (was able to play halo reach before on the older firmware), and Assins Creed Brotherhood.
    Does anyone know why this is? i have firmware LT 1.1 for lite on

Also does anyone know where to get the firmware used to back up xbox 360 games?

Thanks!

8. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

You will need to repatch and reburn those games. You probably have old backups pre ap2.5 which came later on those games.