1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Pandora and MS... now error

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by calmchaos, Dec 28, 2007.

1. calmchaos

calmchaos Member

My friend got a Slim with 3.60 and I just bought a 2200MAH battery and a 4gig stick. So I made my old standard battery and one gig stick into a Pandora set.
    But to downgrade his slim I see that I have to run that program that uses 3.4 and 3.5 and extracts PRX's.
    I put the program on my PSP with 3.71M33-2 and I put the 3.40 and 3.50 files in the psp/game/pandora_slim directory. I labeled the firmares 340.PBP and 350.PBP respectively.

Now I go to run the program. I see it and run it and I get the message that it failed to load game followed by a number.

What am I doing wrong? I heard you cant do what I am trying on 3.71M33-2. Is this true?
    I made a Pandora on this firmware and it does show the options screen when I put that battery in my PSP fat.

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

they go on the root of the memory stick dude, not on those folders please check your notes... This is V1 of pandora, I got V2 and V3 somewhere but in spanish... native language they were created... so you have to add 3.50 and 3.40 to the ROOT of the memory stick, good luck!

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
    - Connect the PSP to the PC with the Memory Stick inside via the USB
    Connection.
    - Format the Memory Stick using any utility.
    - Use mspformat to format the Memory Stick logically.
    - Remove the Memory Stick and disable the USB connection.
    - Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.
    - Manually create the PSP/GAME (optionally PSP/GAME150) folders on the
    Memory Stick.
    - Copy the "battery" and "installer" programs to the PSP/GAME
    (optionally PSP/GAME150) folder.
    - Copy the 1.50 official updater as UPDATE.PBP to the root of the
    Memory Stick.
    - Run "installer" through the firmware on the PSP. This application
    will create the firmware files on the root of the Memory Stick, as
    well as msipl.bin.
    - Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.
    - Execute "msipl" application on the PC with the msipl.bin to write
    the IPL to memory stick.
    - Execute "battery" application on the PSP to modify the battery.
    - Congratulation, you are now in posession of a "Magic Memory Stick"
    and a "JigKick Battery".

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I recommend using this guide HERE it will create a Universal Unbricker V3 which you can use to install 3.71 M33-2 to any PSP FAT/SLIM.

But if you want to continue with the method your using above then I think the issue is either not having 1.50 ADD ON-2 installed onto your FAT PSP or if you do have the 1.50 ADD ON-2 installed you need to change the kernel mode to 1.50 for the GAME folder in recovery menu.

If you do not have 1.50 ADD ON-2 installed onto your PSP FAT then go HERE and follow the bottom part of the guide to install it. Then make sure the kernel mode is set to 1.50 in Recovery Menu then Configuration.

But I would recommend using the above guide to create the Universal unbricker V3 instead of doing what your trying to do now.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  4. calmchaos

calmchaos Member

The problem was not at that the files were in the wrong folder I triple checked the readme and I had all the files where I needed them.

I put the 1.5 kernel on my fat and switched to 1.5 in the recovery console.
    And BANG done quick.
    Now I can downgrade my friends 3.60 slim.

But after that can I use my current jigkick and MS to make a universal unbricker V3? Can I just follow that guide you sent me, larrylje, with my hardware the way it is now?

Thanks!!

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes you can use the guide I provided but give me a little time. I am updating the guide. The Easy installer I have linked to it is 1 of the first versions. I am updating the guide to include the universal Unbricker V3 which has video support for PSP SLIM.

I will update you when it is finished. All I am doing now is uploading the new files for the guide.