1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got some messed up Memorex 50 pack DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Ti3st0, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Ti3st0

Ti3st0 Member

Best Buy was having a sale on DVD-R and DVD+R. It was a 50 pack Memorex DVD-R or DVD+R for 19.99. I got the DVD-R since all the +R were sold out. Well everything was good and I burned 2 movies withought no problem using CloneDVD. Then one day when I stuck a DVD-R disc my dvd-r/rw drive was making noises and sometimes wouldn't eject. I then saw when I went to My computer, instead of saying DVD-RW drive it changed to CD Drive. Sometimes it changes to Removable disc.

Now I dont know what could have caused this, but I did come up on this statement

[Using new recordable discs (4X for DVD-R) in 1X-2X Pioneer manufactured DVD drives and DVD recorders may cause damage to the DVD drive or recorder and possibly to the loaded 4X disc. The source of the problem is a firmware 'bug' in certain DVD-R/RW drives and recorders, and not with the media itself. A firmware update is required to avoid potential damage to the units and discs.]

This was under the 50 pack dvd-r disc. So I was thinking thats the problem and it gave me a link to update my firmware. Well I did update it, but the same thing happens. I tried using the DVD-Rs on my brother in laws computer which has a different dvd-rw drive and different brand of computer, but the same thing happens to his CPU. So Im pretty sure its the Memorex disc.

Now does anybody know who to contact to tell them about the problem and hopefully get something back or a solution, cause it sure does suck, now I have 48 non working DVD-Rs.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  2. movies27

movies27 Regular member

LMAO......Their # is 877-474-8548...in the future just buy Fuji..their the best.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

There are several hundred threads on here about the poor quality of Memorex blank media and not to use them. I would contact the store you purchased them from for a refund or exchange for better media.

Jerry

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Ok Ok...LMAO!!!!

I feel the pain you have there Ti3st0.

Yeah, the Memorex's have received a bad name around here. I am sorry that you got a bad batch. I know that I use the all the time, and they are really good for me. I have only had about 3 out of 200 been bad. So, my ratio is still good. But that is only because I get my from a different area than yours of course.

I got to agree that you are better off getting Taiyo Yuden media. Since you got the worst that Memorex has to offer. They should have some sort of number for you to call and get a full refund. Don't let them say it is because of your pc, because that will be a garbage of an excuse.

Hopefully things will work out for you!

;)