1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got the capture perfect, now a DVD - questions

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by bjamin22, Sep 27, 2004.

1. bjamin22

bjamin22 Member

I found this site a while ago and it helped with my situation. I got my Analog video from my DirecTiVo to my PC via a borrowed Sony TRV38 via firewire and a big fast drive. I used Premiere Pro 1 to capture at 720x480 without any dropped frames. Huge files, but great quality! Thanks for that help.

Now to get them to DVD...

I have seen many posts on what works sometimes and I can't seem to get a direction to go in. I have multiple 21 minute files and figured I can get 4 to 5 of them on a DVD safely. The thing is I haven't found a concise way to accomplish this. I have downloaded many tutorials on how to rip DVD to DVD/VCD, but have found none for easy DV rips to DVD.

Anyone want to offer some guidance?

Thanks in advance.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well this is Simple...Arrange your Clips on the Premier Time line in the Order you want them ....then Render them as DVD Compliant Mpeg2 files as Premier Pro comes with a Built in Encoder Made by MainConcept..

After rendering your Project to Mpeg2 you just use a DVD authoring Program Like "DVDLab" to add your Menu"s and Chapters and to Author them to DVD and thats it....

Just remember when rendering to Mpeg2 to use the correct bitrate so that the Mpeg2 file will fit on a DVD...
    If you use an average Video Bitrate of 4850kbs and an Audio Bitrate of 192kbs then you can fit 2 Hours of Video on a 4.38gb DVD-R.....

Cheers

3. bjamin22

bjamin22 Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll be ready to go this weekend, so I'll be putting it together then.