1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got the v12 Slimline ps2 recently

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by XSamuraiX, Feb 10, 2005.

1. XSamuraiX

XSamuraiX Member

I just got my xbox modded so i can play backup games on it, so i wanna do the same for my ps2. On my older version ps2 i just had the older swap magics and i broke off part of the eject thing, but now i have the slim ps2, so i was wondering what is the best way to play backup games with the swap magic 3.3 on this? I was looking around and getting a ps1 fliptop or a ghost switch both look good, but im not sure. Does anyone know the best way?

2. XSamuraiX

XSamuraiX Member

Please anyone, i seriously want to know.

3. nitsujvg

nitsujvg Member

Okay, this is an easy one.

If you've ever modded a PSone or PSX its the same deal.

If you look on the inside of the PS2mini drive tray, there'll be a little button that the lid pushes down when it is closed, use a little weight (it cant be magnetic, that will seirously f*** up your ps2). Then, use regular swap discs.

Violla!

4. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

I seriously wouldn't suggest that. For one, it's not just ONE sensor like the old Ps1. The new PS2 requires that several sensors be pushed down in order for it to even read discs. I and a few other people have had no problems with the popular mods out there.

Read this thread : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/148012 on it, and decide for yourself.

The fliptop (that I got from gocybershopping.com) and Swap Magic combo works wonders for me. It was a bit of a hassle to install, but once I got it in, I had no problems with it.

There's also the slimtool, those are supposed to be even better, they'll let you use the fliptop like normal, but yet always have the sensors down.

Read the thread, there's an assload of info on it. And none of it is rumors, or vague information that you'll normally find here.

I mean, geez, if you'd read just a LITTLE bit on the threads here, you'd know that nitsujvg's post was completely bogus.