1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOW backup skipping and stuttering

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by neonstorm, Apr 21, 2005.

1. neonstorm

neonstorm Member

Hey guys, I just finished my backup of GOW using Jizmak's tutorial, and the games plays fine EXCEPT I get a constant sound skip and occasionally the video will stutter.

Did I do somethinf wrong that caused this, or could it be the media??

I'm booting with SwapMagic 3.3 and using store brand (Office Depot) DVD+r's.

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. R1chie

R1chie Member

could be the media but ya can never tell

try sum ritek go5 dvd-r

ridisc or ridata

thats what i use and there the best discs ive come across

3. hursty

hursty Active member

you can tell!!!
    hehe
    the media you are using sounds crap,like ritchie suggested,try something else
    use good quality disc's,not store brand cheapies

4. neonstorm

neonstorm Member

I usually use them for DVD movie backups; this was my first PS2 backup. I'll pick up something better. Thanks.

[bold] Now I found a new problem [/bold]

I get to the point in the beginning of Athens where you launch the crossbow bolt with the rope tied to it. It shoots across and through a window, then you climb across the rope to the other side. With me so far? I get to the other side and drop down onto a ledge with a ladder that leads down off of it. At this point, the camera stops following me and I just get farther and farther away. I drop onto the ledge, climb down the ladder, then disappear. I am still moving around, because the camera will pan slightly and I can still hear my attack SFX. I keep walking and either fall to my death or reach a rusted gate and then fall to my death. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005