1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOW dvd backup size

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rod905, Mar 19, 2007.

1. rod905

rod905 Member

Can someone who burned this game to a dual layered dvd succesfully please confirm what is the size when he puts the dvd into the pc drive and check its properties?

I burned it succesfully both with nero and imageburn and both were saying burning layer 1 and burning layer 2 during the process with no errors and the game runs fine too on the ps2(maybe because I havent arrived to the 2nd layer yet)but when I check its size on the pc it gives me 3.97GB is this possible??

Can someone with a working copy please be kind enough to check his?

thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

no, the size would be bigger than that.
    i saw a repacked version and a DVD5 version that were around that size. But the actual G>O>W DVD9 (download)version was around 6.61GB
    Better way to tell the size is just to put your mouse over the ISO file on your PC and check it, rather than the actual disc.

3. rod905

rod905 Member

no the iso is ok its 7.94 gig

just when I place the burned dvd into my pc and right click it and check its properties its 3.97gig.

can you do me a favor and check a bit yours if you have a working dualdvd copy pleasssse?thanks

4. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

full dvd9 = 7.94 gigs

ripped dvd5 = 3.9x gigs depending on your downsampling method.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

SVTstang? Who let this guy in the room, LOL

6. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

I was let out of solitary confinement for a week, so I thought I would drop by and help a bit :p Where you been Steimy, havent seen you around XS for a while :(

7. Morcegao

Morcegao Guest

Hello all!
    Anyone had a problem to patch the MDS image with Toxic OS. I tried and gave me an error: Failed to open file.

Anyone can help me to solve it?

8. rod905

rod905 Member

Hi all-I opened this thread maybe someone would be kind enough to put his copy on dvd9 of god of war 2 into his pc drive-right click it and check its size on properties....

no luck yet

9. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

I already told you the size of the iso......7.94 gigs. Layer0 is 3.97 gigs and layer1 is also 3.97 gigs.

@Morcegao

You patch the iso, not the mds.

10. steimy

steimy Active member

I have been around, just nothing much to post about. But i still check in each week day while i am bored at work LOL

11. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Cool, been A LOT of spammers lately, LS and I need all the help we can get banning those little morons!

12. rod905

rod905 Member

yes my iso too is 7.94 but when I place the dvd in the drive I can see it as a 3.97gb-I wanted to check if others' are the same

13. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Lol....that is because disk properties only recognizes layer0....rip the game with dvd decrypter and you will have a 7.94 gig iso.

14. rod905

rod905 Member

yes but will the complete game be readable by the playstation this way?(with the pc reading only layer 0)the burning process completed 100% with no errors

15. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

I really dont get your problem....rip the iso with decrypter, if the iso is 7.94 gigs then you are good to go, thats pretty much it!

16. rod905

rod905 Member

My problem is:

the iso is 7.97,I burn it and the burn process complete successfully or so it shows-so far so good

when I put the iso in the drive and check its size it reads 3.97-and I am concerned into thinking that although the burning process was showing to be succesful in fact it burned only 1 layer.

Can you please do me a favor and do a little exercise of checking your backup copy's size on the pc please?

thanks

17. rod905

rod905 Member

My problem is:

the iso is 7.97,I burn it and the burn process complete successfully or so it shows-so far so good

when I put the NEWLY BURNED DVD9 in the drive and check its size it reads 3.97-and I am concerned into thinking that although the burning process was showing to be succesful in fact it burned only 1 layer.

Can you please do me a favor and do a little exercise of checking your backup copy's size on the pc please?

thanks

just a correction of the above post(correction is in capitals)

18. steimy

steimy Active member

what svtstang is trying to say is that you do not need anyone else to put their disc in the drive and tell you that theirs is only reading the first layer too. If the ISO was the right size, you have a dual layer burner and good media, and you burn it the right way (using DVD Decrypter to burn at 2.4X) then it should work.
    You will know soon enough as it is a very short game, many people have already finished it and say there is not that much to it, about 9-10 missions. The ECHELON release found on many torrent sites has been proven to work all the way through the game.

19. rod905

rod905 Member

is it very short?
    shorter than the 1st one?

Im at medusa temple-how much for the layer change?

20. steimy

steimy Active member

don't know because i don't have it. But my friend finished it in about 4 days. And he only played a few hours a night. Personally it is not my type of game, i never finished the first one.