1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

grafix card

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by actech, Feb 7, 2005.

1. actech

actech Regular member

last july when i got an asus graphic card the software gave me fits and afterdawn fixed what asus couldn't. can the fan be relaced on a vid card? the fan has shot craps on this new card (3 yr. warrantee)and i am getting no responce from asus. really kinda pisses me off. why offer a warrantee if you refuse to answer emails and rma requests. i hate to buy a new card for a bad fan but unsure if you can replace the fan. thanks kurt

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what is fan doing or not doing???

3. actech

actech Regular member

its not running at all now it made a terrible noise for a day then stopped. when it was noisy i took a can of electronic duster (air) and blew it off even though it wasn't very dusty and it made no difference. i just tried to do a rma again thru asus and it came back to me twice the first one had all the info that i sent them with the message at the end of "best regards" and the second was a return saying the email address was invalid and it was not delivered.

4. ddp

does the fan rotate by hand as might be possible to relube the fan bearing as i've done it on different types of fans

5. actech

actech Regular member

I'll try that because it turns by hand and doesn't look like it will come off the card.

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

What type of vid card is it, (chip),ATI, Nvidia, FX5200, etc.?

Most come with either a heat sink or fan and are removable. If they put it on, it should be able to come off. Aftermarket companies make fans for different vid cards for extra/extreme cooling also for over clockers.

7. ddp

fan is probably held by 3 screws

8. actech

actech Regular member

i'll have to pull it out and take a closer look. i now understand how the asus card had a 3 yr warrantee and others only 1 yr. when you refuse to respond to peoples claims and emails i guess you can say its warranteed as long as you want. thank you for the help. kurt

9. actech

actech Regular member

to answer 9500/ti nvidea