1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

grainy colors on my PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Maybel, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Maybel

Maybel Member

hey gang! I have a problem with the colors on my psp. after about 3 or 4 minutes of play, the colors get all "grainy". Its like the graphics loses the final layer or something. bright lights get halos around them where there were none before. its wierd. at first, i thought it might be the mem stick, but it happens when i play from a umd OR the memory stick, so it must be the PSP itself. has anyone else had this happen to them? BTW, my PSP is a ver 1.5 running dark alex's latest fw. I tried re-installing the fw and it still happens. It just started to happen like a week ago...

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

You need a new LCD screen.

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Put up a screenshot.

4. Maybel

Maybel Member

wow, thanks for your quick replies you guys. I dont know how to put up a screen shot (I'm inept on these internets!). The graphics are normal when i first turn on the psp but after a few minutes, they suddenly get "grainy" and sub-par. I am pretty certain that it is a bad screen and I went ahead and ordered a replacement. I'll check back after i install the new screen and let you know if it fixes the problem (in case anyone else runs into the same thing).

5. Maybel

Maybel Member

yeah, so I got my new screen and it fixed the problem. However, there was (what i thought was) a protective film on the screen that i started to pull off only to discover that it was a tinted film that belonged on the screen. So now one corner of my screen is all wrinkly and messed up looking and i cant fix it so i have to order ANOTHER screen. geesh louise! Lesson learned i guess!

6. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

lol. well. you learn from your mistakes. now you know! was it your first time opening the psp though?