1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gran Turismo 4 Backup not displaying correctly?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by wilmero, Mar 30, 2005.

1. wilmero

wilmero Member

I downloaded GT4 in the ps2.dvd newsgroup. Game burns fine on a regular dvd (3.25 GB) but when I go to play it, it loads and the screen looks as though it is not set to the correct channel. You can see the screen but it is rolling upward. All other games play fine with swapmagic 2.0. I should also add that the new Nija Turtles game does the same thing. Swapmagicfix website has no info. Any suggestions? Is my swapmagic out of date?

Wilmero

2. clouser

clouser Guest

you should just upgrade to the 3.3 discsi dont think that the 2.0 has a signal convert if you get the new 3.3 disc ill take the 2.0s off your hands. pm me

3. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Yeah, definitely. It's running in a different display format from yours. If you live in the US (or anywhere that uses US-style electronics) you're running a PS2 under an NTSC connection. Anywhere else uses PAL.

Here's how to tell. If a part of the screen is cut off, the game scrolls up, and its mostly in black and white, you're running an NTSC PS2 and trying to play a PAL game.

Unfortunately, Swap Magic 2.0 has no support for converting between the two, however, Swap Magic 3.3 does.

If you've had that version of Swap Magic for a long time, it may be time to update. With Swap Magic 3.3, all of the fixes on Swap Magic fix become obsolete. All trouble games are automatically patched with the correct loading method.

Not only that, it's faster. AND it will convert your games from PAL to NTSC or the other way around.

I got one serious question, however : Are you sure that it was Gran Turismo 4 that you downloaded, and that you're playing? Are you sure it's not GT3 or something else?

No one here has made a successful copy of GT4, especially not one that's under the DVD9 size.

In fact, there have only been two successful ways as of two days ago that you can play GT4. 1.) Using the newest Toxic OS/BIOS, you can play a DVD+R DL backup of the game. 2.) You can separate the layers to two DVD5s and swap the discs ingame if you have a direct-boot chip.

So, yeah, make sure that it's really, truly GT4 that you're playing, and not GT3. I mean, it'd be truly amazing if what you were saying you're playing is true.

4. wilmero

wilmero Member

Sure it is GT4. I was surprised myself. I can even try to send you the iso through aim or something if you have a cable connection. Geez, now that I look at the name of the iso. It's:

Gran_Turismo_4_Prologue_FullDVD-PAL_MULTI5_by_royv18.iso

I guess if I wasn't so excited to play it I would have noticed the name said PAL! It burns fine too, and you're right...black and white, and scrolling.

Where do I get SM-3.3

Wilmero

5. wilmero

wilmero Member

Better yet, If anyone reading this has access to any usenet servers. (aka- Newsgroups) Go check:

alt.binaries.cd.image.playstation2.dvdiso

I downloaded it on Tuesday. So far it looks like it works...only PAL.

Wilmero

6. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Hee hee, that's not the full GT4 that everyone's been trying to back up. That's GT4 Prologue.

You should know, there are several versions of GT4 out there, most of them showcasing a few cars. For instance, there's one for test drives of the BMW models, and one for the Toyota models. Also, there's one just for concept cars.

The GT4 I was talking about was the BIG one. The one that everyone's talking about, playing, and trying to back up, not a demo like prologue.

You got my hopes up :(

7. wilmero

wilmero Member

Damn, sorry I didn't know that..now I feel like somewhat of a jackass. Oh well, we all have our moments...I was wondering why it was so small coming from DVD9. Sorry people...

Wilmero