1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gran Turismo 4

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mallaug, Feb 27, 2005.

1. mallaug

mallaug Regular member

I copied GT4 to my HD and it doesn't load I just get the black screen.

2. AJR20

AJR20 Member

lol, thats because GT4 is a DVD-9 and HDloader and HD Advance can't rip from a dvd-9, so you will get the black screen until you hook the HDD to your computer and transfer there

3. perro20

perro20 Guest

gran turismo esta chido neta wueyes

4. mallaug

mallaug Regular member

Well I read in other forums that it isn't possible to play GT4 without the original disk.

If this method does work would I have to xfer everytime or need the pc on every time to play it?

5. AJR20

AJR20 Member

no, no. Im not entirely an expert in this. But, from what I do know, if you have HDLoader or Advance (I prefer Loader)it will recognize a game put onto the HDD even though you didnt rip it with HDloader. What you do is hook it up as a slave to a computer and transfer the game there using a program "HDL Dump" or "HDL Dumb". Perhaps both are needed. Ive never tried this method myself as I am a wuss and dont want to screw my stuff up.

But No, you dont need to have your computer on all the time to play the game because after you are done transfering the file, you put the HDD back in your ps2 and boot HDloader like normal. and it SHOULD be recognized. There are tutorials on this site that tell you how to do this. I dont know them or else i would say.

Oh yeah, and i think those programs are only available through www.ps2ownz.com

Of course i dont think anyone has tried this because everyone on this site backs up the game and uses swapmagic. ANYONE!! If you have successfully dumped GT4 onto HD using DUMP or DUMB post here

thx
    AJR

P.S. I believe this game should be bought no matter what because it is a great game and deserves the respect. I myself have purchased it.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005