1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gran Turismo Prologue Pal2Ntsc

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by vesperka, Feb 24, 2005.

1. vesperka

vesperka Guest

I have an actual copy of Gran Turismo 4 Prologue except it is set for PAL televisions and I only have NTSC televisions.

In the past, I have had no problems converting games from Pal to Ntsc, occasionaly the y-fix wouldn't work but other than that I've been fine.

Anyway, when I patch this game, the first and only the first menu screen works fine, with the y-fix working and the "lines" aren't visible.

Every screen after this remains in the PAL state, that is they are black and white and I can see the screen refreshing.

When I don't patch the .ISO and burn the game, I get the black and white problem and refresh problem on the first screen too.

Apparently, only the first menu screen is being patched, while all other parts of the game remain unchanged.

I have even managed to make it in-game and drive my car around, the sound works fine but my eyes burn after watching the screen for a few seconds, so this is not a boot problem.

If anybody has any ideas on how to fix this I would appreciate it a lot!

2. Levitan16

Levitan16 Member

i dont think there is a way to do it without a converter for your tv

3. vesperka

vesperka Guest

I have patched many games before this and have gotten them to work fine, so I know it is possible without a converter for your tv, but thanks anyway :D

4. Levitan16

Levitan16 Member

i heard that game cant be patched

5. steimy

steimy Active member

it is a dual layer game as well. that may be causing some problems.

6. vesperka

vesperka Guest

The full version is a dual layer game, the prologue edition is only 3gb, and is not dual layer.

Is there any way I can edit the files manually, patching what files need to be patched on my own, I do know how to rebuild the iso with cd/dvd rom generator 1.50 if that helps.

7. vesperka

vesperka Guest

:( guess nobody knows