1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GRAND THEFT AUTO : SA *BURING QUESTION*

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by impactRed, Oct 26, 2004.

1. impactRed

impactRed Member

I Got a HP DVD+ (only +) 4x dvd writer
    i got a GS2 and a swap card, i burned a back up and tried to load but it just froze. could it be my DVD +? I used DVD Cryptor is there speficic modes i gotta check like "BURN-Proof" all i know you need to burn at 1x or 2x or 2.4x

pls help

2. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I always burn at 1x just to be safe. I fyou ahve a real fast computer (fast hard drive & high RAM) then higher speeds probably won't be a problem but again to be safe do 1x.

I have never done "+" disks. Early on there were a lot of problems with that type of media so I have jsut stuck to "-" plus they are cheaper. I think more than anything the problem was the media itself. Just liek when burnable CD's came out there were lots of problems with them. The quality of the DVD's has imnproved a ton. Just a year or so ago I would get at least 5 coasters out of a 50 pack, now I get maybe 1 out of 200. So I think that hjas taken care of most of the problems with the different formats. It was said that certain versions of the PS2 were more "fussy" than others as well.

If you have burned a lot of backups and have never had problems before with that type of media then you probably just got a bad disk or it just didn't burn properly. I owuld suggest doing it again at 1x as see what happens. I jsut backed this game up today with no problems so I don't hink there is anything "special" going on.

3. impactRed

impactRed Member

yah i tried burning at 1x with dvd decrypter
    but for some odd reason it said " ACTUAL BURNING 2.4x" and im like wtf...i wanna try with NERO but i dont know how to burn the ISO file to my external dvd writer