1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GrandpaBW: its friday funnies

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by andmerr, Oct 8, 2004.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

[bold]Things That Sound Dirty At The Office But Aren't [/bold]

I need you to whip it out by 5:00!

Mind if I use your laptop?

Put this in my box before you leave.

I want it on my desk now!

Hmm.. I think I'm out of fluid.

My equipment's so old, it takes forever to finish!

It's an entry level position.

When do you think you'll be getting off today?

It's not fair... I do all the work while he just sits back!

2. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

A Doctor was addressing a large audience in Tampa. "The material we put
    into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago.
    Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is
    loaded with MSG. High fat diets can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the
    long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water. But there is one
    thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have, or will, eat it. Can
    anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering
    for years after eating it?"
    After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old man in the front row raised
    his hand, and softly said, "Wedding Cake."

Bob, a 70-year-old, extremely wealthy widower, shows up at the Country
    Club with a breathtakingly beautiful and very sexy 25 year-old blonde who knocks
    everyone's socks off with her youthful sex appeal and charm and who hangs
    over Bob's arm and listens intently to his every word.
    His buddies at the club are all aghast. At the very first chance, they
    corner him and ask, "Bob, how'd you get the trophy girlfriend?"
    Bob replies, "Girlfriend? She's my wife!"
    They're knocked over, but continue to ask. "So, how'd you persuade her to
    marry you?"
    "I lied about my age", Bob replies.
    "What, did you tell her you were only 50?"
    Bob smiles and says, "No, I told her I was 90."

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

[bold]EXCUSES TO USE FOR NOT GOING TO WORK TOMORROW[/bold]

If it is all the same to you I won't be coming in to work. The voices told me to clean all the guns today.

When I got up this morning I took two Ex-Lax in addition to my Prozac. I can't get off the john, but I feel good about it.

I set half the clocks in my house ahead an hour and the other half back an hour Saturday and spent 18 hours in some kind of space-time continuum loop, reliving Sunday (right up until the explosion). I was able to exit the loop only by reversing the polarity of the power source exactly e*log(pi) clocks in the house while simultaneously rapping my dog on the snout with a rolled up Times. Accordingly, I will be in late, or early.

I can't come in to work today because I'll be stalking my previous boss, who fired my for not showing up for work. OK?

I have a rare case of 48-hour projectile leprosy, but I know we have that deadline to meet. . .

I just found out that I was switched at birth. Legally, I shouldn't come to work knowing my employee records may now contain false information.

The psychiatrist said it was an excellent session. He even gave me this jaw restraint so I won't bite things when I am startled.

The dog ate my car keys. We're going to hitchhike to the vet.

I prefer to remain an enigma.

My mother-in-law has come back as one of the Undead and we must track her to her coffin to drive a stake through her heart and give her eternal peace. One day should do it.

My wife makes more money than I do, so I have to stay at home with our sick son.

4. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

ALL GREAT!!!

5. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Little Johnny's neighbors had a baby. Unfortunately, the baby was born without ears. When mother and new baby came home from the hospital, Johnny's family was invited over to see the baby. Before they left their house, Little Johnny's dad had a talk With him and explained that the baby had no ears.

His dad also told him that if he so much as mentioned anything about the baby's missing ears or even said the word ears he would get the spanking of his life when they came back home. Little Johnny told his dad he understood completely.

When Johnny looked in the crib he said, "What a beautiful Baby. The mother said, "Why, thank you, Little Johnny." Johnny said, "He has beautiful little feet and beautiful little hands, a cute little nose and really beautiful eyes." "Can he see?" asked Little Johnny.

"Yes", the mother replied, "we are so thankful; the Doctor said He will have 20/20 vision."

"That's great", said Little Johnny, "cuz he'd be sh*t outta Luck if he needed glasses."

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

A young man was walking through a supermarket to pick a few things when he noticed an old lady following him around. Thinking nothing of it, he ignored her and continued on. Finally he went to the checkout line, but she got in front of him.

"Pardon me," she said, "I'm sorry if my staring at you has made you feel uncomfortable. It's just that you look just like my son, who just died recently."

"I'm very sorry," replied the young man, "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yes," she said, "As I'm leaving, can you say 'Good bye mother!' it would make me feel much better."

"Sure," answered the young man. As the old woman was leaving, he called out, "Good bye mother!"

As he stepped up to the checkout counter, he saw that his total was $127.50. "How can that be?" he asked, "I only purchased a few things!"

"Your mother said that you would pay for her," said the clerk.

7. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

hehe they were great also! I would paste some jokes up, but you guys know where to find 'em anyway.

8. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

This is one very brave penguin!!!!

[​IMG]

9. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

bahahahahahahahaah lol
    what about this

[​IMG]

and this:

[​IMG]

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

the first one was one of nephs favorites in another thread but the duck one i havent seen before.

cool

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

A hurricane blew across the Caribbean. It didn't take long for the expensive yacht to be swamped by high waves, sinking without a trace. There were only two survivors: the boat's owner Dr. Eskin and the steward Benny.
    Both managed to swim to the closest island. After reaching the deserted strip of land, the steward was crying and very upset that they would never be found.

The other man was quite calm, relaxing against a tree.

"Dr. Eskin, Dr. Eskin, how can you be so calm?" cried the Benny. "We're going to die on this lonely island. We'll never be discovered here."

"Sit down and listen to what I have to say, Benny," began the confident doctor. "Five years ago I gave the United Way $500,000 and another $500,000 to the United Jewish Appeal. I donated the same amounts four years ago. And, three years ago, since I did very well in the stock market, I contributed $750,000 to each. Last year business was good again, so the two charities each got a million dollars."

"So what?" shouted Benny.

"Well, it's time for their annual fund drives. They'll find me."

12. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I love the cat sniper, it’s great!!!

But those poor little ducks, that’s so sad... :(

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

at least the sewer gators got something to eat instead of utility workers

14. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

15. andmerr

andmerr Guest

The successful banker parked his brand-new Porsche in front of the office, ready to show it off to his colleagues. As he got out, a truck came along, too close to the curb, and completely tore off the driver's door.

The banker immediately grabbed his cell phone, dialed 999, and it wasn't more than 5 minutes before a policeman pulled up.

Before the cop had a chance to ask any questions, the banker started screaming hysterically. His car, which he had just picked up the day before, was now completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter how the body shop tried to make it new again. After the banker finally wound down from his rant, the cop shook his head in disgust and disbelief.

"I can't believe how materialistic you bankers are," he said. "You are so focused on your possessions that you don't notice anything else."

"How can you say such a thing?" asked the banker arrogantly.

The cop replied, "Didn't you know that your left arm is missing from the elbow down? It must have been torn off when the truck hit you."

"fusk!" screamed the banker. "Where's my Rolex?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A woman walked up to the manager of a department store. "Are you hiring any help?" she asked.

"No," he said. "We already have all the staff we need."

"Then would you mind getting someone to wait on me?" she asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young engineer was leaving the office at 6:00 pm when he found the CEO standing in front of a shredder with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Listen," said the CEO, "This is important, and my secretary has left. Can you make this thing work?"

"Certainly," said the young engineer. He turned the machine on, inserted the paper, and pressed the start button.

"Excellent, excellent!" said the CEO as his paper disappeared inside the machine. "I just need one copy."

Two car salesmen were sitting at the bar.

One complained to the other, "Boy, business sucks. If I don't sell more cars this month, I'm going to lose my fusking ass!"

Too late -- he noticed a beautiful blonde, sitting two stools away. Immediately, he offered apologies for his use of bad language.

"That's okay," the blonde replied, "I have a very similar problem... If I don't sell more ass this month, I'm going to lose my fusking car!"

A sales company has particular trouble selling Bibles in their location. They are always looking for someone to break through to their market and make a real difference.

One day, a man comes in with a job application and says, "I-I-I-I'd l-l-l-l-l-like t-t-t-t-t-to b-b-b-b-b-be a B-B-B-Bible salesman, s-s-s-sir."

Initially, he doesn't want to give the job to this man, but his conscience got the better of him. He decided to try him out.

After three weeks, the manager is looking at the sales figures and realizes that the new guy is selling the most copies. Amazed, he calls him in to his office.

"You've only worked here for three weeks and you've already sold more copies than anyone else here! How do you do it?"

"W-w-w-w-w-well, l g-g-g-go up t-t-t-t-to th-the d-d-d-door and-d- d l-l--l s-s-s-say, w-w-w-w-would y-y-y-y-y-y-you l-l-l-l-l-like t-t-to b-b-b-b-buy a c-c-copy o-o-of th-th-th-the B-B-B-Bible, or w-w-w- w-w-would y-y-y-y-you l-l-l-l-like m-m-me t-t-t-to r-r-r-r-read it t-t-t- t-t-to y-y-y-you?"

16. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

^5 andmerr for those funnies. :p

17. andmerr

andmerr Guest

I took some clients out to dinner last week, and I noticed a spoon in the shirt pocket of our waiter as he handed us the menus. It seemed a little odd, but I dismissed it as a random thing. Until our busboy came with water & tableware; he, too, sported a spoon in his breast- pocket. I looked around the room, and all the waiters, waitresses, busboys, etc. had spoons in their pockets.

When our waiter returned to take our order, I just had to ask, "Why the spoons?"

"Well," he explained, "our parent company recently hired some efficiency experts to review all our procedures, and after months of statistical analyses, they concluded that our patrons drop spoons on the floor 73% more often than any other utensil at a frequency of 3 spoons per hour per workstation. By preparing all our workers for this contingency in advance, we can cut our trips to the kitchen down and save time...nearly 1.5 extra man hours per shift."

Just as he concluded, a "ch-ching" came from the table behind him, and he quickly replaced a fallen spoon with the one from his pocket. "I'll grab another spoon the next time I'm in the kitchen instead of making a special trip," he proudly explained.

I was impressed. "Thanks. I had to ask."

"No problem," he answered, then he continued to take our orders. As the members of my dinner party took their turns, my eyes darted back & forth from each person ordering and my menu. That's when, out of the corner of my eye,I spotted a thin, black thread protruding from our waiter's fly. Again, I dismissed it; yet I had to scan the room and, sure enough, there were other waiters & busboys with strings hanging out of their trousers.

My curiosity overrode discretion at this point, so before he could leave, Ihad to ask. "Excuse me, but...uh...why, or what...about that string?"

"Oh, yeah" he began in a quieter tone."Not many people are that observant. That same efficiency group found we could save time in the Men's room, too."

"How's that?"

"You see, by tying a string to the end of our, eh, SELVES, we can pull it out at the urinals literally hands-free and thereby eliminate the need to wash our hands, cutting time spent in the restroom by over 93%!"

"Oh, that makes sense," I said, thinking thru the process. "Hey, wait-a-minute. If the string helps you pull it out, how do you get it back in?"

"Well," he whispered, "I don't know about the other guys; but I use my spoon."

A managed care company president was given a ticket for a performance of Schubert's "Unfinished Symphony." Since he was unable to go, he passed the invitation to one of his managed care reviewers.

The next morning, the president asked the reviewer how he had enjoyed it, and he was handed a memorandum, which read as follows:

MEMORANDUM
    1. For a considerable period, the oboe players had nothing to do. Their number should be reduced, and their work spread over the whole orchestra, thus avoiding peaks of inactivity.
    2. All twelve violins were playing identical notes. This seems unnecessary duplication, and the staff in this section should be drastically cut. If a large volume of sound is required, this could be obtained through use of an amplifier.
    3. Much effort was involved in playing the 16th notes. This seems an excessive refinement, and it is recommended that all notes should be rounded up to the nearest 8th note. If this were done, it would be possible to use paraprofessionals instead of experienced musicians.
    4. No useful purpose is served by repeating with horns the passage that has already been handled by the strings. If all such redundant passages were eliminated, the concert could be reduced from two hours to twenty minutes.
    5. This symphony has two movements. If Schubert did not achieve his musical goals by the end of the first movement, then he should have stopped there. The second movement is unnecessary and should be cut. In light of the above, one can only conclude that had Schubert given attention to these matters, his symphony would probably have been finished by now.

For immediate Release Press Release
    Re: Job Security Important Notice for Highway Department Road Workers

Breaking news that 50,000 road workers to loose their jobs by the end of May 1998. News from the White House indicates that the Japanese have improved our technology once again to develop new equipment that will replace these present crew members. It seems they've come up with a shovel that will stand up by itself.

Top 10 Phrases and Words Not To Use On Your Resume

10. Stupid-jerk-boss

9. Conviction

8. Goat fetish

7. Cunnilingus

6. Infected

5. Prozac (tm)

4. Democrat

3. Performed abortions

2. Pending appeal

1. Der Wienerschnitzel

The Salesman

A traveling salesman checked into a futuristic motel. Realizing he needed a haircut before his next day's meeting, he called down to the desk clerk and asked if there was a barber on the premises.

"I'm afraid not, sir," the clerk told him apologetically, "but down the hall is a special machine that should serve your purposes."

Skeptical but intrigued, the salesman located the appropriate machine, inserted fifty cents, and stuck his head in the opening, at which time the machine started to buzz and whirl. Fifteen seconds later the salesman pulled out his head and surveyed his head in the mirror, which reflected the best haircut he ever received in his life.

Down the hall was another machine with a sign that read, "Manicures - 25 cents."

"Why not?" thought the salesman. He paid the money, inserted his hands into the slot, and pulled them out perfectly manicured.

The next machine had a huge sign that read, "This Machine Provides What Men Need Most When Away from Their Wives - cost 50 cents."

The salesman was embarrassed and looked both ways. Seeing nobody around he put in fifty cents, then unzipped his pants and stuck his "thing" into the opening - with great anticipation, since he had been away from his wife for 2 weeks.

When the machine started buzzing, the guy let out a shriek of agony. Fifteen seconds later it shut off and, with trembling hands, the salesman was able to withdraw his penis...

Which now had a button sewed on the tip.

Merging Preference

Directors at Daimler-Benz and Chrysler have announced an agreement to adopt English as the preferred language for communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotions, Directors at Chrysler conceded that English spelling has some room for improvement and has accepted a 5 year phase in plan. In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c."

Also the hard "c" will be replaced with "k." Not only will this klear up konfusion, but komputers kan have 1 less letter. There will be a growing kompany enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced by "f." This will make words like "fotograf" 20 persent shorter.

In the third year, Daimler-Khrysler akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated shanges are possible.

Daimler-Khrysler will enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always been a determent to akkurate spelling. Also, all will agree that the horrible mess of silent "e's" in the language is disgrakeful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, people will be resepetive to steps such as replaking "th" with "z" and "w" by "v".

During ze fifz year, ze unekessary "o" kan be dropped from vords kontaining "ou", and similiar khanges vuld of kors be applied to all ozer kombinations of letters.

After zis fifz year, ve vill hav a really sensible vriten style. Zere vill be no more trubls or diffikultis and employee's vill find it easy to komunikat viz each ozer.

Ov kourse all suppliers vill be expekted to svitsh to zis for all business kommuniktion via Daimler-Khrysler.

Ze dream vill finally kome true.

Outlandish Expectations

Reaching the end of a job interview, the human resources person asked a young engineer fresh out of MIT, "And what starting salary were you looking for?"

The engineer said, "In the neighborhood of $125,000 a year, depending on the benefits package."

The interviewer said, "Well, what would you say to a package of 5-weeks vacation, 14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, and a company car leased every 2 years - say, a red Corvette?"

The Engineer sat up straight and said, "Wow! Are you kidding?"

And the interviewer replied, "Yeah, but you started it."

Rejected Motel 6 Slogans

16. We're working on that smell thing, too.
    15. Because you deserve better than the backseat of some car.
    14. As seen on "COPS."
    13. If we'd known you were staying all night, we'd have changed the sheets.
    12. Not just for nooners anymore.
    11. We left off the 9, but you know it's what we mean...
    10. You rented the room, now we'll sell you the video!
    9. Sure, you could stay someplace nicer, but then you wouldn't have money left over for a hooker.
    8. We'll just leave the Lysol there for ya!
    7. Hey, we're not the Ritz, but just try bringing your secretary there on *your* salary, pal!
    6. We don't make the adultery. We make the adultery *better*!
    5. It's Hookerriffic!
    4. Official Lodging of the 1998 Florida Marlins.
    3. Blurring the line between stains and avant garde sheets art since 1962!
    2. Cheap and Easy -- Just Like Your Mother

And the Number 1 Rejected Motel 6 Slogan...

1. We put the "Ho" in "Motel"

How to Lose Weight at Work Without Doing Much

Here's the guide to calorie-burning activities and the number of calories per hour they consume.

Beating around the bush. . . . . . . . .75
    Jumping to conclusions . . . . . . . . 100
    Climbing the walls . . . . . . . . . . 150
    Swallowing your pride. . . . . . . . . .50
    Passing the buck . . . . . . . . . . . .25
    Throwing your weight around (depending on your weight). ..50-300
    Dragging your heels. . . . . . . . . . 100
    Pushing your luck. . . . . . . . . . . 250
    Making mountains out of molehills. . . 500
    Hitting the nail on the head . . . . . .50
    Wading through paperwork . . . . . . . 300
    Bending over backwards . . . . . . . . 75
    Jumping on the bandwagon . . . . . . . 200
    Balancing the books. . . . . . . . . . .25
    Running around in circles. . . . . . . 350
    Eating crow. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 225
    Tooting your own horn. . . . . . . . . .25
    Climbing the ladder of success . . . . 750
    Pulling out the stops. . . . . . . . . .75
    Adding fuel to the fire. . . . . . . . 160
    Wrapping it up at the day's end. . . . .12

To which you may want to add your own favorite activities, including:

Opening a can of worms . . . . . . . . .50
    Putting your foot in your mouth. . . . 300
    Starting the ball rolling. . . . . . . .90
    Going over the edge. . . . . . . . . . .25
    Picking up the pieces after. . . . . . 350
    Counting eggs before they hatch. . . . . 6
    Calling it quits . . . . . . . . . . . . 2

Well, a little Dilbert never hurt anyone....

A magazine recently ran a "Dilbert quotes" contest. They were looking for people to submit quotes from their real life Dilbert-type managers. Here are some of the submittals...

1. "As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday and employees will receive their cards in two weeks." (This was the winning quote from Charles Hurst at MicroSoft)

2. "What I need is a list of specific unknown problems we will encounter."

3. "E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business."

4. "This project is so important, we can't let things that are more important interfere with it."

5. "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say."

6. "We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees."

7. SCENARIO: My sister passed away and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. When I told my Boss he said she died so that I would have to miss work on the busiest day of the year. He then asked if we could change her burial to Friday. He said, "That would be better for me."

8. We recently received a memo from senior management saying: "This is to inform you that a memo will be issued today regarding the subject mentioned above."

9. One day my Boss asked me to submit a status report to him concerning a project I was working on. I asked him if tomorrow would be soon enough. He said "If I wanted it tomorrow, I would have waited until tomorrow to ask for it!"

10. As director of communications for a medium-sized company, I was asked to prepare a memo reviewing our company's training programs and materials. In the body of the memo one of the sentences mentioned the "pedagogical approach" used by one of the training manuals. The day after I routed the memo to the executive committee, I was called into the HR director's office, and told that the executive vice president wanted me out of the building by lunch. When I asked why, I was told that she wouldn't stand for "perverts" working in her company. Finally he showed me her copy of the memo, with her demand that I be fired-and the word "pedagogical" circled in red. The HR manager was fairly reasonable, and once he looked the word up in his dictionary, and made a copy of the definition to send back to her, he told me not to worry. He would take care of it. Two days later a memo to the entire staff came out - directing us that no words which could not be found in the local Sunday newspaper could be used in company memos. A month later I resigned. In accordance with company policy, I created my resignation memo by pasting words together from the Sunday paper.

11. This gem is the closing paragraph of a nationally-circulated memo from a large communications company: "MicroSoft" is indeavorily determined to promote constant attention on current procedures of transacting business focusing emphasis on innovative ways to better, if not supersede, the expectations of quality!"

A couple arrived at town hall seconds before closing time, and caught a judge just as he was about to leave, and asked him to marry them. He asked if they had a license and, when they didn't, sent them off to get one.

They caught the town clerk just as he was locking up, and got the license from him. When they got back to the judge, he pointed out they had filled the names in backwards -- his where hers belonged and vice versa. They rushed back to the clerk's office, caught him again, and got another license.

This time, the judge noticed that the clerk had filled in the date in the wrong format. Again they catch the clerk... After five reissued licenses, the judge is finally satisfied.

Judge: "I hope you appreciate why I made you keep going back. If there are irregularities in the license, your marriage would not be legal, and any children you might have would be technical bastards."

Groom: "That's funny - that's just what the clerk called you."

An Office Prayer: Help me to be careful of the toes I step on today, as they may be connected to the legs connected to the ass that I might have to kiss tomorrow....

Not Very Bright

A man who was unemployed for several months gets a job with Public works. He is to paint lines down the center of a rural road. The supervisor tells him he is on probation and that he must stay at or above the set average of 2 miles per day to remain hired.

The man agrees to the conditions and starts the next day. The supervisor checks and finds the man completed 4 miles. "Great," he thought, "this man will work out."

The next day he finds the man only did 2 miles but the supervisor thought, "well he is still at the average and I don't want him to get discouraged."

The third day however the man only did one mile and the Boss thought, "I need to talk to him."

The boss pulls the new employee in and says, "Son, you were doing great, the first day you did 4 miles the second day 2 miles but yesterday you only did one mile, Why? is there a problem? An injury, equipment failure, anything keeping you from meeting the 2 mile minimum?"

The man replied "Well, I keep getting farther and farther from the bucket."

Last Day On The Job

It was George the mailman's last day on the job after 35 years of carrying the mail through all kinds of weather to the same neighborhood.

When he arrived at the first house on his route he was greeted by the whole family there, who roundly and soundly congratulated him and sent him on his way with a tidy gift envelope.

At the second house they presented him with a box of fine cigars.

The folks at the third house handed him a selection of terrific fishing lures.

At the fourth house he was met at the door by a strikingly beautiful blonde in a revealing negligee. She took him by the hand, gently led him through the door and led him up the stairs to the bedroom where the obvious happened.

When he had had enough they went downstairs, where she fixed him a giant breakfast: eggs, potatoes, ham, sausage, blueberry waffles and fresh-squeezed orange juice.

When he was truly satisfied she poured him a cup of steaming coffee. As she was pouring, he noticed a dollar bill from under the cup's bottom edge.

"All this was just too wonderful for words," he said, "but what's the dollar for?"

"Well," she said, "Last night, I told my husband that today would be your last day and that we should do something special for you. I asked him what to give you; He said, 'Screw him, give him a dollar.' The breakfast was my idea."

18. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

ROFL and LMAO to those!

19. baabaa

baabaa Active member

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

glad you liked them ,running out of humurous ones may hap i will try a different area of jokedom.

@ baabaa: couldnt get that link to work but happy easter all the same!!!!

andmerr