1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

graphic card help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pspfan07, Aug 17, 2007.

1. pspfan07

pspfan07 Guest

ok im about to buy a new pc and it has a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE graphic card and i was wondering if its good of to play battlefield the new one and oblivion and other games is this a good graphic card if not do u now a better one under $50.00 bcuz im not made of money lol so plz help

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

no, definelty not. Not Bf2142 and definetly not oblivion. Can you get a pc with a different card? I dont think you can get a decent car (6800 possibly) for under 50 bucks... Maybe off ebay though//

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

What PC are you getting? The 6150 SE is not even a graphics card, it is integrated graphics chip. My computer at work had one of those and sometimes UT 2004 lags on it!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  4. pspfan07

pspfan07 Guest

im was gettin it from bestbuy but i dont think i will now but is this 1 good nVIDIA BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT Graphic Card 256MB AGP and how do u tell all i see is alot of numbers and letters

5. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

The 6800 is a mid ranged card. It could play BF2, I had one and it played BF2 on medium/low with around 25 fps.

You need to understand nvidia's lineup of graphics cards. The way it goes, is usually the higher the number, the better the card. (A 7800 is better than a 7600, etc) However, when you get into the 8 series of nvidia's lineup, the 8400 is worse than a 7800GTX. Basically, you need to know about nvidia and ATi. ATi cards are different. They have a "x" in front of their newer cards, but the same thing applies, the higher the number, the better the card.

Also, get a card with at lease 256mb of ram.

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

You can visit Toms Hardware, they have a a VGA chart that compares the performance of video cards. Just search "toms hardware vga charts" without the quotation marks.