1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphic card ideas anyone?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by DanandJen, May 31, 2007.

1. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Not sure if this was ever asked but.... being a notebook owner, my options for upgrading the graphics card is limited to only two choices. A Radeon mobility or an equal nvidia card. From what I am told, each is expensive and hard to get a hold of. Is there any way to upgrade the amount of dedicated ram on graphics cards, (piggyback) or otherwise? I dont mind trashing my current card since the inspiron 8600 blows anyway. So if anyone has any radical borderline insane ideas, I'm all ears.

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

unfortunately not.

and as for upgrading your video card, well there are a few laptops, high end one's, that allow for the interchanging of video cards. however the price and availability of said video cards is expensive and hard to find. although most laptops have built-in video cards than cannot be upgraded.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Depends what you currently have in there. if you have an integrated graphics solution then there may not be a slot for one. if it's a dedicated card, or there is a free slot, you're welcome to try buying a mobile graphics card and seeing if it'll fit. Watch out for cooling problems and battery life though.