1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics are jacked up!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jentick, Sep 28, 2007.

1. jentick

jentick Member

The graphics on my copy of Halo 3 are all jacked up. They are staticky - they look almost electrified, especially in dark scenes. Anyone else have this problem or know what the heck is going on? I'm really annoyed.

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

legit retail or knockoff?

3. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Try re-burning it if you can. I've seen the graphical problem you're describing before with game demos that didn't burn right to disc.

4. jentick

jentick Member

It's legit retail. I bought it at Fred Meyer. It was playable at first, but now there is a line across the screen. It just gets worse. I returned my first copy to the store because of the staticky graphics, but the copy they replaced it with has the same issue. Is it my console? All my other games are fine.

5. jentick

jentick Member

I forgot to mention that I sent an email to XBOX360 tech support that read:
    "I just purchased Halo 3 and the graphics are fuzzy, like white static coming through darker colors and contrast lines. This hasn't happened with any other games. The last game I played was Bioshock."

They replied "We're sorry for your inconvenience. For further assistance, please don't hesitate to call or write back..."

Very helpful. I did call and they said to burn the latest 360 update from the website and upload it on my machine, but that didn't work either. I'm really frustrated.

6. 2lads

2lads Member

funny you should post this,...,same thing happened to ours after palying halo 3,,,,,,,, now we are getting an e 74 and a red light,,,,,,, coincidence??? ive read on other forums around and about the odd post saying the same??

7. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Ah, see I thought you were talking about a backup. Sorry. It sounds like your console might be malfunctioning. Has it froze on you at all lately? Or displayed other graphical anomalies?

8. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

My console did the same thing earlier today with halo 3. I turned the system off and back on and it went away and hasnt been back.

9. theridges

theridges Guest

to me it sounds like your consoles might be getting ready to poop out on ya....
    dont know if its just the game but i would be ready for the RRoD anytime now...make sure you have your 360 vertical and the power brick or the console is not on carpet try to keep it as cool as possible..

10. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

yea definitely some kind of overheating problem. these suckers get way over the safe heat limit probably by about 20c (safe limit for the gpu (graphics) is like 70c). like theridged says keep the psu away and even if you have to keep it in a well ventilated area, or somewhere cool like in front of a fan or near the ac/windows. I hooked my fans up to a separate power source and they are running full 12v 24/7. no problems.

if you keep it cool and it still happens, it may be signs of a blown/dieing capacitor, try to get it replaced by m$ if you can.

11. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Definitely keep the power brick away from carpet, but I don't think it matters if you have it horizontal or vertical.

12. theridges

theridges Guest

yea i didn't either but i put one of those sticky thermometers on it and vertially kept it about 2-3 degrees cooler..

13. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Ah, I see. Interesting that.