1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics card fan broken

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by oreo4life, Jun 5, 2007.

1. oreo4life

oreo4life Member

my computer had been making funny noises for a while and finally when i had the chance to look my graphics card fan was making it. it was spinning and then stopping. i payed it no attention because my games kept playing well. a couple weeks later my monitor turned black and now it wont work when i have it plugged into my graphics card. i took the graphics card out and plugged my monitor into its normal slot but now everything is uncannily huge my eyes hurt looking at the screen it can only show 16 colors at a time. and before i bought the graphics card it showed 32 i have a dell dimension 2400. any way to change my display i been messing around with it but if i try to up the display its illegible i bought a new computer it will be here in a couple days but i want to salvage this one any suggestions??

2. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

Assuming you are running XP and on the on board video
    1. start
    2. control panel
    3. display
    you can adjust your settings here. you may have to reinstall the drivers for your on board video. your computer reset itself to a default setting for video when you removed the old graphics card. hope this helps yoou