1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Card Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by daddy420, May 22, 2007.

1. daddy420

daddy420 Member

What kind of graphics card can I buy? I have this computer http://www.epinions.com/pr-Sony_VAIO_PCV-RS530G_PC_Desktop/display_~full_specs It says: Expansion Slots AGP x8 x 1 • PCI x 3. Does that Mean i can use either pci or agp? or do i have to go by the motherboard part? AGP. If I do have to use AGP for my graphics card what are those other expansion slots for? Is it hard to install properly?

i have a few things upgraded: dual layer sony dvd burner and 2GB total RAM.

THANKS MAN!

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  2. funky22

funky22 Guest

I suggest something like ati x1950 pro,x1650 pro agp models or nvidia 7600gt or 7800gtx if u can find agp models great grafics i had 7600gt and x1650 in my other comp and its great grafics for that money if u want to know more obout it google model name with review and u can see spec and performance there

3. dazila

dazila Regular member

Well it really depends.
    You Need a AGP card.
    Something like a radeon 9600XT is a great cheaper card that will get you through every game out 80% of those would run on high
    15% would run on medium,5% would run on low the card is only about 120au new.
    Or you might choose to go for something like a RAdeon X1950 Which is about 400au and will run every game on high out now.

4. daddy420

daddy420 Member

Thanks guys! Those are way more expensive then I expected lol! I guess I won't be getting one for awhile!