1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics card quarrel - 3D graphics, gaming and video editing

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Reudai, May 18, 2013.

1. Reudai

Reudai Member

Basically what I'm trying to find out is that can I possibly crossfire an AMD with NVidia or should I just stick them both in and still get the results I want, or should I just get a good multipurpose graphics card. ( I really don't like any of these choices )

What I'm trying to do is to get a graphics card that could use GPU rendering on Blender. I've been looking into the subject and it seems that I need to invest a little more to get a possible CUDA 2.0 version or something. I so confused about these things. I all ready have a AMD HD 6900 series graphics card in and a Asus P8Z68-M PRO motherboard.

What I want to know is that, what is the general consensus of this subject? Or is there possibly a 4th option, to get blender working with OpenCL. What I read that my current Graphics card does support this technology but is not compatible with Blender. Is there a way to stab either blender or the GPU to work?

Hopefully this is enough of information for you to get what I'm looking for.

For possible new graphics card suggestions, it needs to be able to high end gaming, video editing and 3D graphics. Quite a list of different needs.

P.S: what was the current limit of RAM for windows 64bit?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member