1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics card repair

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Haribon, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Haribon

Haribon Member

I recieved a leadtek GF4 Ti 4200 From a relative. My problem is it already has many white dot artifacting and occasional graphic tearing. I think this one has been badly overclocked for a long time. My question is could this card still be repaired? Is there some way to remove the artifacting? Thanks

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Odds are you won't be able to repair much if anything at all -- in most cases, once a card goes it's gone forever. The best you can try is to possibly see to it that the card has good cooling and underclock it if possible

3. Haribon

Haribon Member

Thanks Praetor i would try to underclock the core and memory frequency later. I downloaded Rivatuner and disabled lossless Z buffer compression and somehow it work a bit cause the white dots have nearly dissapeared but some games faied to boot or crashed. and I think the cards performance has gone down to a Gf3 Ti200 level.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ya well when OC'd cards 'go' they "go for good" (usually) because something gets burnt too crisp :p