1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

graphics card

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by doobers, Apr 26, 2007.

1. doobers

doobers Member

hey everyone.

i have a laptop with intergrated graphics. if anyone is going to buy a laptop make sure u dont get one with it. its crap.

anywho.
    im pretty sure its on teh fritz. the screen is starting to freeze and then it goes bright and the colours bleed.
    im pretty sure its rooted.

but just before i got a lil peeved at it and hit my computer and it started to work again lol.
    first question. is my graphics stuffed beyond repair?
    secondly is it possible to get a new graphics chip?
    and thirdly. could i get rid of this shi**y integrated stuff and get a real card like a geforce stuck in there?

any help would b appreciated

2. Zeyf414

Zeyf414 Regular member

Unless your motherboard has a slot in which you can place a new graphics card you are stuck with your integrated graphics. Perhaps updating the drivers might help.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You would be hard pressed to find a laptop that doesn't have an on-board graphics chip. :)

4. Zeyf414

Zeyf414 Regular member

QFT

5. onya

onya Guest

LOL....

With a phrase like that...you've gotta be an Aussie. Now, we both know what this means and you may want to turn it down a notch in future, otherwise the mods could have something to say.

This sounds like loose connections or what I've heard described as "dry socket". If you know your way around the internals of a laptop, then loose connections can be easily remedied. Dry socket is another matter and not so easily fixed. As far as the possible replacement/installation of a graphics card, this is possible only on high end machines. A call to the manufacturer will provide the best advice. As far as getting another chip, I most sincerely doubt it.

6. doobers

doobers Member

lol, i love it how u can tell where im from just by the way i talk. and its not even with an accent. mad.

i dont know anything about the internals of my laptop other than how to get to the bits that i need. ie. ram, cpu and hardrive. i have never taken it right apart.

pitty bout not being able to get a new chip. that annoys me. i've only had this thing for a bit more than a year and now im gonna have to fork out 2k to get a new one. nothing but angst flows through my veins.

how typical for it to get major problem right as it comes out of warranty..