1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Hitachi Drive Flash Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jontracey, Jun 7, 2007.

1. jontracey

jontracey Guest

Hitachi Drive

This Guide doesn't apply to the 78FK or 79FK versions of the Hitachi guide.

What You Need
    1.Hitachi DVD Drive (non 78fk or 79fk)
    2.X360 USB Adaptor
    3.SATA cable
    4.Connectivity Kit V2
    5.USB Cable
    6.Xbox 360 Unlock Kit (Optional)
    7.Torx 10 Screw Driver
    8.Windows XP

NoteYou need to invest around $60 for this to work.

First you need to check if you have a Hitachi Drive.
    http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox...sung_next_to_HL-Hitachi_xbox360_dvd_drive.jpg
    Left is Samsung Right is Hitachi.

Next you need to open your 360. This will void your warrenty.
    1.Take off hard drive.
    2.Take off front peice.(the one that the buttons are on)Stick your finger in the controller port at the bottom. Pull. It will come off.
    3.Take off the gray top and bottom casing. Pull. It will come off.
    4.Now for the hard part. Turn the 360 around to where the plugs go into. There is a barcode. Right under it is 5 little slits. 2 on the opposite side. This is where you would use the opening tool. If not take the top case of the cd spindle. Cut it in half. Now cut off the top part to where you're only left with half a side. Put it againt th 5 slits. Mark on the plastic where they are. Cut around the black only 1/3 an index finger in length. Do the same for the 2nd key for the bottom. Only 2 on this one. Now stick the key into the slits. You'll hear clicking. That means it is working. What you are actually doing is pushing and unclipping the clips. It will take a while.
    5.Turn the 360 around again. Push up on the four clips.
    6.Now take the screw driver and undo all the silver screws.
    8.Take out drive opening button.
    9.Now you see your drive. Look to see your rom ver.
    10.Unplug the 2 cords on your Hitachi Drive.

Now you got your drive out. Tou need to purchase the X360 usb. It comes with all cords and the connectivity kit that you will need.
    http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-360-xusb.html

Here is the connection process. Tke the connectivity kit v2. Open your pc tower. Grab the molex. It will fit into the connectivity kit. Take the little extra cord also plug that into the connectivity kit v2. Take the other side of that cord and plug it into your 360 drive. Now take the sata cable and plug that also into your 360 drive. Plug the x360 usb onto the other end of the SATA cable. Now put the usb cord on the other end of the x360 usb and plug it into a usb slot. Make sure the connectivity kit is in mode b by pushing the button down on the connectivity kit v2. Go under my computer andfind your new drive. I checked by pluging and unplugging the usb cord seeing the drive come up and go away.

Now to flash. Go to http://www.xbox360-hacks.com/file/51 and download. Extract the files. Open folder and drag X-LG onto the desktop. Now open the start menu and click run. Where it says open type cmd. Now type on the screen cd\. Click enter. Now press space. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\X-LG. Press enter.
    Type FLASH24S.BAT (your drive letter) 7456. Before you press enter make sure you extract the zip files in folder X-LG. Now press enter. Now it is flashing let it run. When done turn off your computer and unhook everything.

Your Drive Is Now Flashed

If you have any questions just reply. I will awnser them.

2. jontracey

jontracey Guest

3. jontracey

jontracey Guest

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

lol sweet triple post on a tutorial that has been done too many times. but A for effort.

5. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

ha ha ha and I thought double posts were all the rage :-o

6. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

john tracey i see you have mangaged to flash ur hitachi firmware
    well i did try to help u mate on ur other posts
    anyway see how easy it actually is even u psting up how to do it now good on ya mate

7. ben6ft1

ben6ft1 Member

I wish someone could come up with a guide for the 79fk.

8. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

i have everything down except the part about opening up the pc tower and grabing the molex do i need to really open up the towere and what does the molex cord do does it connect to x 360 usb or the xbox its self thanx.