1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great problem with subtitles / Ifoedit... Please help...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by [Jedi], Mar 4, 2003.

1. [Jedi]

[Jedi] Member

Hi all, I've a big problem with subtitles:
    I've encoded a dvd with DVD2DVD-R that use CCE 2.50 as encoder and Ifoedit to author dvd. With this procedure I've encoded many films without problems. Now for the first time, I've encountered this: I cannot switch off subtitles, even if I select disable, subtitles remain active. I've tried also with InstantCopy 7 with same results. I've tried in different standalone and pc players. I've tried also (by subtitles guide in this forum) to add precommand [51 00 00 00 be 00 00 00 ], but nothing changes, cause subtitles are not deactivable. If I play .vob files subtitles are not shown, so problem must be in .ifo files. I've tried also to change subpicture id from 0x20 to 0x21 in ifos and in vobs with vobrator, nothing changes. Naturally if I strip out subpicture stream, subtitles are not shown, but in this film subtitles are needed in many scenes, cause characters speak in another language. There is some other locations in Ifo file where I can change subpicture start or deactivation? There are no prohibited user operations too... Please help, I don't know what can I do...

2. The_Jew

The_Jew Member

what movie is it?

3. [Jedi]

[Jedi] Member

It is "11-9-01", dvd about twin towers disaster.

4. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

Jedi, Aint ever used the progs u do. I use dvddecrypter, Ifo edit the Nero to burn. BUT, when using Ifedit, one of the stages allows u to strip out all the unecassary 'guff', is various alternative languages, and subtitles ( it gives u a full brakedown of evry type of sound track and evry type of subtitle available. It's then a matter of you dsayong which ones you'd like to retain. Don't know if you'd be prepared to use other software, but Ifoedit would let u do the film without any subtitles ( hence getting around your problem.

if this appeals to you, post here, and i'll give u a bigger rundown or a good guide.