1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

greek decoder box - court ruling

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by wlash, Oct 4, 2011.

1. wlash

wlash Guest

2. westham88

westham88 Regular member

what type of box/satelite and card would you need to set this up? would it be very expensive?

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

all this is a card from supplier in greece or any country, thats it, which allows you to view the chans, this goes on all the time, except the pub owner decided to do this in public, the cost of the cards can be over a grand for a year, she isnt doing anything illegal per say, the card is legal, except the part about copyright etc on recorded material, but the game itself is not covered, why you think 3 o'clock games are not shown in the UK, to encourage folks to go to them to see em, outside the UK, that isnt the problem, thats why some get these cards which are outside of Skys rule to view 3 o'clock games in the UK, not worth your while doing this at home, stick to CS, way way way cheaper

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

have set his up for a buddy of mine using a dm500 and subscribed tring card. costs just over 400 annually for the service

5. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

a lot cheaper for pubs to do it this way as sky charge a fortune for subs to pubs and no 3pm k/os whereas other ligit satellite subs with 3pm k/os work out a lot cheaper for pubs and now legal to do but still expensive compared to cs but if i owned a pub i dont think i would risk using cs.just get youself one of the many sat boxs available, with a 60-80cm dish(depends where you are in the uk or rep of ireland)get it set to 13e hotbird sat and a good csline sub to nova sports as much footy at 3pm and other times as the eyes can take lol.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

exactly sb18180. My buddy owns a pub and does not need to be involved in cs. I put in a td110 dish and combined that with his astra dish so now he has the Chan's he needs all legally. God bless publican Murphy. She did a great favour to many

7. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

Couldn't agree more.

She should be honoured!

The amount they charge is criminal in my opinion!