1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green goes green on dvd movies

Discussion in 'PS2' started by apost, Jun 29, 2003.

1. apost

apost Guest

I have recently chipped my new PS239002 and when i watch a DVD (original region 4) the the picture goes green, similar to night vision goggles.
    I then have to reboot to fix it.

Is it the chip or the unit.
    Any advice would be greatly aprociated.

2. aqsg72

aqsg72 Guest

I think this is caused by the PS2's DVD Playback, it is known to suffer from 'Green Screen' when using RGB Scart to connect PS2 to TV.

My own RGB Scart cable comes with a switch that essentially turns it into a Composite cable when I wish to watch DVDs on PS2.

The simplest solution would be to dig up the cables that came with your PS2, there should be a set of composite cables that can be joined to a Scart connecter, this will work fine for playing DVDs

Haz

3. apost

apost Guest

Thanks for that information. However i do not use a SCART system as i have an NEC which has the RED/WHITE/YELLOW inputs.
    I have the unit plugged into them.
    Thanks again

4. aqsg72

aqsg72 Guest

Guess that would be beyond me then, assuming that the cable you describe would indicate a Composite Connection (?) similar to that bundled with the PS2 which should have no problems playing DVD movies.

Haz

5. BISH

BISH Regular member

i use the video settings on the AR-2 disc when i get green screen on some movies and it works fine. try turning off the RGB on your ps-2 settings heard this works for some people.

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Is your PS2 connected through a VCR? If so bypass it and it should go away. If not then it is something else.