1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Light Black Screen? Is my PSP Dead?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by SageOwl, Jul 14, 2008.

1. SageOwl

SageOwl Member

When I turn it on it just has the green light come on but stays on the black screen like it is not even on. Then I cannot turn it off. Happens both when I have the battery in it and also if I take out the battery and just use the PSU. And the only way to turn it off is to take out the battery or unplug the PSU depending on which I'm using. The PSP had been modded but don't remember the exact CFW it had and it had been working without any problems till one day when I went to turn it on and all I got was the green light and black screen

Is it dead or can it be recovered somehow?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. fresh48

fresh48 Guest

4. SageOwl

SageOwl Member

So a modded PSP can work fine one day and be bricked the next?.....I assumed that it can only be bricked during the modding process.....because I had no problems using it for about a month or so before it crapped out on me

5. bhunt7

bhunt7 Member

i am trying to fix a friewnds who had a same thing happen...I have tried the universal unbricker unsuccesfully

6. cac

cac Regular member

try a new battery. does it work when u plug it into the wall unit? and does the green light automatically come on when a battery is inserted?

7. bhunt7

bhunt7 Member

i have his Pandoras and mine plus a regular battery and wall charger and nothing helps...this is not a power issue..more of a brick issue

8. SageOwl

SageOwl Member

When I use either of the two batteries in the system, it appears to turn on as the green light does illuminate, however I do not get anything except a black screen as if it were not turned on. Then when I go to turn it off, it will not power off - green light stays illuminated. Then I have to physically remove the battery (either one) to get it to power off

Same thing if I use the PSU. It will give the green light and just the black screen. And I have to physically disconnect the PSU to get it to power off where the green light is not illuminated

Could that mean that it is bricked or am I as they say "S.O.L"?