1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green light but blank screen! Need help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Gorilla04, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Gorilla04

Gorilla04 Member

I opened my fat psp battery and completely removed the 5th leg on the IC04 chip or whatever it's called. And then when I put the battery back in the psp the green light turned on automatically, but I can't get my screen to turn on. What do I do from here to continue on the path toward custom firmware??? (I don't want you to say get a magic memory stick etc., just I need to know what to do about the problem with my screen)

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Well I am going to say it. You need a Magic Memory Stick.

The battery is going into service mode but you will only get a blank screen unless you have a Magic Memory Stick to boot to once in service mode.

So the power led (green) light is normal and blank screen is also normal when a Magic Memory Stick is not inserted.

3. Gorilla04

Gorilla04 Member

So now I have to borrow my friend's psp, create a magic memory stick on his, and then move the magic memory stick to mine? Because I can't make one if I cant see anything on the screen obviously. So that sucks.. the guy who made that video should've told me that I have to make the memory stick first.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can use yours by using the AC Adapter to turn on the PSP without the battery in the PSP. Then use this guide HERE to create the Magic Memory Stick.

After you create the Magic Memory Stick unplug the PSP from the AC Adapter keeping the Magic Memory Stick in your PSP. Now insert the Pandora Battery and the menu should come up.

5. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Yup... that could be possible....
    There are many ways to create the MagicMS so you don't have to borrow someone else's PSP ...
    :)

6. Gorilla04

Gorilla04 Member

Thanks for the help.