1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Screen while Backing up

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Biggie76, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Biggie76

Biggie76 Regular member

Hi anyone help i have been trying to back up my copy of a very old film Jason and the Argonauts while in shrink i noticed the screen went green halfway through the back up process and when i try to play film where it turned green in shrink it freezes on the dvd anyone know what is going on here Thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

Evening Biggie76,
    Any chance of knowing what other software you use besides Shrink?

Problems occur with out of date rippers, poor media selection and high burning speeds.

The more info the better...:)

PS: There are two versions of Jason and the Argonouts...... the first being in my opinion the better (despite the rubbery figures) and the second being not that old, that would give almost any ripper a non challenge. I'd personally put it down to poor media at high burn speeds.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

Biggie76 are you trying to backup a backup? if so shrink will not do you any good, will the disk play in a standalone dvd player? is the disk dirty or scratches on it?

4. Biggie76

Biggie76 Regular member

Thanks guys rd no backing up orig film few scratches but nothing major.

onya i run anyDVD in the background that is all up-to-date the media i use is good never had problems before and i burn disc's at x4 half top speed.

Hope this helps.

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Do you have a different drive you could use to rip?

Are you processing directly from the DVD or ripping first?

Have you tried another title since having this problem occurred? Does that title create the same problem?

If the disk doesn't have any elaborate copy protection disable AnyDVD and try again.

Or try ripping with DVDFab HD Decrypter.

6. onya

onya Guest

Both of those movies require nothing special to backup...at least here in Australia. I'm suprised that AnyDVD is of little help. Laddyboys suggestions regarding drives etc is the way to go...but in all honesty, you might have a bad press (crap copy) even though an original. Take the backup to a friends place, and try playing the disc on another machine. Sooner or later, you'll find the answer.