1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green square when playing dvd!?!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clarkeyca, Apr 23, 2005.

1. clarkeyca

clarkeyca Guest

hi,
    i have a few movies that i burned to dvd, i had them as an avi, converted them to dvd files, and burned them using dvd shrink. the file was no bigger than 2gb so there was no compression needed. when the dvd is played there are some green marks that appear when there is a quick change in light in any scene. does anyone know why this happens or what it is? is it because i am using dvd shrink? i really have no idea so any comments would be helpful for future backups.
    thanks.

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

clarkeyca,

Try playing your vidio folder on your pc with WinDVD to check the original files. Dvd shrink shouldn't cause that problem but I have noticed some blurriness and jumpy background in some circumstances even with no compression. I no longer use dvd shrink because of that, but it is still the best free utility. You might try Intervideo DVDCopy3 (21 day fully functional free trial). http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/InterVideoDVDCopy_Profile.jsp

3. clarkeyca

clarkeyca Guest

thanks for the reply, the video files seem to be fine, i also tried it on a few different (better) dvd players and it seemed to play ok. there were no green marks. so it must be the dvd player or the tv i was watching it on. i guess it was the player (the player and tv are both at the low end of the prive market!). it is a bizarre thing. i will try the Intervideo DVDCopy3 you suggested anyway . thanks.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

You are welcome and good luck.

Mort