1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green tint on picture from DVDRHD04

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by simard, Mar 12, 2005.

1. simard

simard Member

I am getting a green tint on the darker areas of the picture. The black areas are filled in with this green pixel blob. People's hair looks green. Do I have a bad unit or is this normal for this unit. Thanks for the help

simard@nycap.rr.com

2. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the ILO and some LiteOn recorders. We are hoping to get a fix through firmware.

3. simard

simard Member

Does this green show up on the recording or is it just the output of the ILO that shows the green tint? If I record a disc and play it in another DVD player will it look OK? Does this happen on the DVD recorder only model as well or just this model with the hard drive? Can you suggest another unit to buy that does not have this problem? Thanks again for all your help.

Bill
    simard@nycap.rr.com

4. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

It is with both ILO models. It also carries through on some of the LiteOn models (LiteOn makes the ILO). Most seem to only have the problem with viewing the recordings on the ILO and say that the recording looks fine on other players but a few have noticed it on both.

As far as other recorders, if you do not need the HDD, Walmart has had a sale running on the Pioneer DVR-220H-S for $198.00. I have the DVR-420H-S, which is the same recorder w/ HDD. It is a great recorder and has a lot of features. Something you might want to check into.

I hope this helps.

5. simard

simard Member

I talked to level 2 tech support, which took 2 hours to get through to, and they tell me they are working on a firmware fix. It should be out in 3 to 4 weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They tell me this problem is only on some models, not all. It depends on the manufacture date, but they would not tell me which dates has the problem. Just an FYI

Bill

6. simard

simard Member

Update from Tech support. Fix due out Friday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Bill