1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grey's Anatomy S1 4.5hr to back-up?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Norm9, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Norm9

Norm9 Guest

Hi all,

Can someone tell me why (or is it normal) it takes 4.5hr to back-up? Grey's Anatomy S1

Disc 1: 2h-15m
    Disc 2: 2h-17m using Nero Recode2*

Not including DVDFab HD Decrypter 48m with each disc as well.

Is it normal for a disc, as it was 7.5GB each, or is there a quicker way?

*usually it takes only 15m to burn, 20 this time?

Thanks for any advice received :)

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey there Norm9
    Nope not that usually unless you have a really old pc.

Sounds like the drive may have slipped in PIO mode. Check all drives and transfer modes and make sure they are in DMA mode. Here's a guide

3. Norm9

Norm9 Guest

Hiya binkie7,

Thanks for the tip, I checked there, nothing changed, still in DMA mode!
    Maybe just one of those things? or one too many!

The pc is HP Pavilion 2-3yr.

Could it have something to do with little space on the hard-disk? (as im getting rid of some at moment)

BTW. I know i shouldnt have clicked on the link, 85 souls not bad, & i was needing it this w/end-damn! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2007
  4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Ah binkie7....the list continues to grow....I was number 12!!!!!

5. binkie7

lol - I fell for a link like this also - got a kick out of it so I added my own for now :)

@norm9
    Go ahead and uninstall the ide channel(s) - can't hurt and might just help.

When's the last time you did a disc defrag? Might help also and good to do anyhow. Ripping dvd's can really fragment the drive.

Do you have advanced analysis checked in Recode by chance? Would take longer though wouldn't account for the long rip time. Also series dvd's usually have alot of compression so w/ advanced analysis might take this long.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  6. Norm9

Norm9 Guest

Sorry i was away for a while, you could say i was getting 'defragged-myself-heh (takin a break-if that term isnt known:)'

Just done it overnite & seems to be ok!

Yeah i've this clicked, but really it's been the default way since the start & didnt really change it! as you need all the help on some blank dvd's! as theyre not all lucky to be T.Y.!

Well you know what they say "curiosity killed the cat" no offence to the cat :) but glad i clicked on these links

as i've been meaning to find a guide for this & hopefully now i'll try out the real thing when i come across a guide just as good for ut*rrent :p. But that's another day & another topic-heh!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
  7. binkie7

Hey Norm9
    Did you try doing the uninstall of the ide channel? Is it still taking a longer than normal time?

Check out afterdawn's p2p forum for stuff on BitTorrents - link or the guide section - link

8. Norm9

Norm9 Guest

No i didnt get around to doing that, but doesnt seem to be takin a long time now (about an hour tops-now)
    i'll try out those links & probably be back askin for more!
    But until then-cheers :)