1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS2/AR2 booting

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nightfall, Jul 18, 2003.

1. nightfall

nightfall Member

Is the Game Shark 2/Action Replay 2 capable of booting up 700mb CDs?

I apologize if this information has been supplied before. If that is the case, I've searched but haven't found it.

2. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, don't quote me on this, as i'm not 100% sure, but i seem to remember reading somewhere that you can only boot upto 650Mb games with the GS/AR2. i suppose it would just depend on which version you have as well.

one thought i had though, if, like with DVD-R backups, it was a TOC thing.......you may be able to get around it, by using the "add new code" trick, except using a larger TOC original CD-ROM game, instead of an original DVD-ROM game...........just a thought

3. Dizturbed

Dizturbed Guest

yes the ar2 can boot up 700 meg cdrs, ive not filled one yet, the max ive put on is about 500megs of music. however it will not boot them directly, u need to swap disks without opening the ps2. you can use the knife trick, or the slide card but what i do is ive the top half of my ps2 taken off, exposing the cd drive, i took out the 4 small screws from that so i can lift off the top and switch disks, if you do this i advise you to be careful with the controllers as the thing there hooked in to is weak. also the reset eject cable, take this out of the top half of the ps2 to avoid accidents.

As for booting DVD-Rs, i have not tryed this coz i dont have a dvd writer, but if you put in an official game for a min, then switch disks it may work, also i think it helps if you use codes for the game you are booting.