1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS2 swap trick notworking for mkd

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by domon, Oct 12, 2004.

1. domon

domon Guest

hi everyone this is my first post, i just got mkd and its wicked but i want to back it up. i have created an .iso file burned it with every program possible and still nothing. i ahve a ps2 v3 with a starchip i swapchip kind like the neo 2. well i did everything thing right i used devil may cry for the TOC and then it went to the checking codes list and i let go of the reset button and tray open i swap dmc with mkd and then it changes to the black screen before loading and then it just hangs there the dvd rom drive isnt even spinning. here is the thing def jam ny is the same size as mkd and it boots up fine. i just dont know why my mkd doesnt boot. i ahve wasted about 7 dvd-r (ritek). i even burned at 2x 4x and still nothing i cant do 1x for some reason it will do it at 2x if u select 1x.

2. Ursac

Ursac Member

MKD is burned in mode 3 thus uncopiable. The only way to make it work is to download the WHIIP program and install a hard drive to your ps2. the program will allow you to change the settings to mode 3. As far as I know there is no burning program that will record in mode 3.

3. DPB

DPB Member

Why doesn't every developer use mode 3 then?

4. Ursac

Ursac Member

I dont know really why they dont. I beleave it is simply a new type of burning method. Most dev's have the burning software before the public get it. I would look for mode 3 recording to come out shortly though. Perhaps in the new Alcohol releases.

5. domon

domon Guest

thanks i will keep an eye out for updates, i wish i posted here earlier. any idea about star ocean 3 is that mode 3 too?

thanks alot again for advise :)

6. Ursac

Ursac Member

Yes STar Ocean 3 and Tiger Wood 2k5 are all mode 3. Headhunter redemption is mode 1.

7. 2005

2005 Regular member

My bullshit meter just lit up a 9.0, ive backed up mortal kombat deception and it works fine with swap magic / flip top combo... on my system and on my friends. It seems as though you have an inferior chip and need to update.

8. Ursac

Ursac Member

Well see I do not have a modded ps2. So when swaping weather it be thru ea method or not. MKD just sits at the loading screen forever and never changes. However when I put it on my HDLoader. and have it on mode 3 it boots no problem. So as for it being BS I assure you it is the only way I have gotten it to work with out a modchip.

9. domon

domon Guest

u see thats my problem i dont want to change to another modchip yet as i dont know if it is the modchip or laser even tho it play copied dvd like normal in the sence that there are no loud noises or anything and i have already spent a lot of money on this mod chip which was done along time ago.

10. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

Worked fine for me, using DVD-decrypter, SM3.

11. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member