1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS2 V3 won't boot on PS2 V7 scph-39001

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ELI_ICE, May 20, 2003.

1. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

ok here is my story. i bought a GS2 V3 about a month ago and everything works fine with my V4 ps2 with M2pro. i then sold the V4 and got a new ps2 V7(unmod n waiting for my DMS3)and now the gameshark2 V3 disk wont boot. the ps2 will always go to the browser screen and say "read disk error" but will boot original game. The GS2 disk has no scratch on it. Any help on this?

2. telescope

telescope Regular member

Hi man
    First wat was there a need of selling ur PS2 for buying a new one as u had M2pro
    Secondly Game shark or Ar2 v2 dont work with newer models such as V7
    I also had v7 earlier but changed my motherboard and got a v5/v6 motherboard
    Hope it helps

3. telescope

telescope Regular member

Hi man
    First wat was there a need of selling ur PS2 for buying a new one as u had M2pro
    Secondly Game shark or Ar2 v2 dont work with newer models such as V7
    I also had v7 earlier but changed my motherboard and got a v5/v6 motherboard
    Hope it helps

4. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

I sold my old system because of the new price drop :) and have a $20 gift cert from bestbuy.
    I thought i would just have to pay for the DMS3 chip. By the way, i sold it for $150.

So you are saying that GS2 V3 and AR2 doesnt work with the new PS2? r u sure about that?

One more thing, when i went to besbuy to get my new ps2, the sales wanted me to get the extended warranty because she claimed that the new ps2 breaks down a lot. is it true?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ELI the ICE man!
    Overclocked 1800+ Palomino[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2003
  5. JonL

JonL Member

GS V3 does work with V7. I think I read somewhere to try adjusting your PS2, meaning if it's sitting horizontal, stand it vertically. (Not sure if that would really help or not, but worth a try.)

6. Tyransour

Tyransour Guest

The Manufacture's werrenty for PS2 is only good for 30 days! That tells how short the life is for the machine. Also, the V7 are made in China, so i expect the life time will be shorter.
    Anyway, I think the bestbuy insurance plan is a good idea, because after a few month, if you "accidently" break your PS2, they will give you a better and more expensive PS2 to replace it...

7. telescope

telescope Regular member

hi budy i am not sure of V3
    But still i think Gameshark or Ar2 dont work on newer models like urs
    Just consult somebody else for this matter
    But i think i am 50% correct that they donot work on V7
    I also got my v7 motherboard changed for this matter
    hope this helps

8. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

I went back to bestbuy and got my GS2V3 exchaged
    ,same problem. i guess i'll have to exchage the PS2 and see what happen. I did try it vertically but still no luck. Do you think it will work after i install the DMS3 chip?

I'm a cheater, can't live without GS or AR :).

9. JonL

JonL Member

That's quite odd. I have a V7 PS2 and GS V3. I had no problems before my DMS3, and none after. Try the GS website www.gameshark.com I believe they have a support forum that might be able to help you out.

10. jaykool

jaykool Member

just as i stated in my previous posts, the version 7 sucks.

it wont boot sometimes, and when it does, it runs very funny, and i think it has some sort of implementation into the machine itself that helps it to work with the copy protection in some of the newer games....

11. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

hmmm this s**k. I'm going to go get an exchange on the ps2 till i get the one which will work with GS2V3 without the modchip install. I miss my V4 :(.

12. telescope

telescope Regular member

hi guys wat is the need of Ar2 v2
    Its a waste of money

13. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

Ok, i got my ps2 exchanged. I picked the console with different production number i guess. anyway it works with the gameshark2v3 now. I guess some batchs on the ps2 have somekind of problem.
    can't wait to tear it apart lol.