1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gstreamer streaming issue- laggy and choppy video (= succession of short freezings)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ranger2, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranger2

ranger2 Member

I'm using Gstreamer to stream video shot with a digital camera with a phone through a server to a PC app.

■ About the hard configuration:
    Windows PC and Android are connected through LAN.
    Android connects WiFi to router. PC connects thorugh wire to router.

■ Programs installed:
    - On PC: 1. A streaming server app.
    2. Gstreamer player
    3. A user program that connects to the server, and uses the player (Gstreamer); it has a GUI and can display the streamed video in full screen.
    - On Android: the streaming app. It sends mjpeg stream through LAN to the server program on PC.

■ Camera streams video to LAN. Android app connects to camera, captures the video streamed by the camera and re-streams it to a server app installed on PC.
    The server sends video to a program installed on same PC, which displays it.

■ Technology used:
    - Streamed data format is movie jpeg (this is the only one that cannot be changed).
    - Streaming protocol is RTSP over UDP.

■ Gstreamer command is:
    -v udpsrc caps="application/x-rtp,encoding-name=JPEG,payload=26" port=6000 ! rtpjpegdepay ! jpegdec ! videoconvert ! queue ! x264enc ! rtph264pay config-interval=10 pt=96 ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000 sync=false

and configuration for VLC in SDP file:
    v=0
    m=video 5000 RTP/AVP 96
    c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
    a=rtpmap:96 JPEG/90000

■ The problem is that streaming is far from being smooth; I get freezings on both Android and PC. There is a succession of these short freezings/unfreezings, sometimes PC/Android in the same time and sometime unrelated.
    I shot a movie with the screens of both PC and Android, it can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ah0m5m7msyce3sr/test01_0727.avi

I assume some packets may be lost or order is not kept right.
    Any hint how this issue should be corrected? I welcome any suggestions about where I should look into and how to deal with this.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.