1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gt4 burning problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by fairboz, Mar 13, 2005.

1. fairboz

fairboz Member

Hi everyone.

I haven't posted for a while so I must apologise before I start........sorry.

Now thats out of the way. Can anyone help me with a problem i have copying Gran Turismo 4.

I have succesfully used DVD Decrypter and copied the temporary files on to my hard drive. But the problem begins when I put in my blank DVD-R to burn the program. A message appears and tells me that I am almost short of 500,000 sectors of space.
    I have tried a couple of other DVD-R discs, and the same message appears. (All the discs I'm using are brand new)
    I also realise that some movie dvd discs are duel layered giving double the size, is this now happening with PS2 games?
    I tried using DVD Shrink as well, but it doesn't recognise the file on my hard drive.

Have the software firms finally found a way to stop copying? or am I missing something incredibally stupid:)
    Any help from anyone on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1. dvd shrink is for dvd movies ONLY.
    2. if you tried searching, you would know that nobody has been able to copy this game in any way.

3. XhyDra

XhyDra Member

Hi fairboz, currently there is no way to make a backup of Gran Turismo 4. The game is too big to fit onto one DVD-R therefore it is not possible at the moment, also it cannot be written to Dual Layer media due to the fact that the original pressed PS2DVD has two PTP (Parallel Track Path) layers, and DVD+R DL is burned with a different layout being, Layer-0: PTP (Parallel Track Path) and Layer-1: OTP (Opposite Track Path).

4. fairboz

fairboz Member

I know what you mean Sly. I shoud have checked some other threads first, but I'm just in from my nightshift, and i was getting so pissed off with trying to burn the game, so I spraffed off on one before checking the site...DOH!!!

I felt a bit stupid, when just after posting my plea, that I then noticed about another million people have had the same problem ( double DOH!!)

Although i think the developers are on to something, putting it onto a duel layer. Could this be the end of ripping PS2 games? NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I need some sleep!

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

would have saved you some time.

thats not working either.

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

i think hes referring to the game manufacturers, [bold]if[/bold] no one can find a way to burn the dual layer discs made like this, its highly likely they will begin to produce a lot more games on them

7. hursty

hursty Active member

nothings impossible when it comes to burning games
    albeit this is probably the toughest nut to crack.

someone,somewhere will do it,theres no doubting that.
    there is too much money involved in software piracy
    for it to come to a halt like this,
    give it couple of months,and someone will figure it out

8. cdneger

cdneger Member

Somebody better! Or this could mean the end for PS2 piracy indeed. Also the other manufacturers could implement this for the Xbox and PC games. And how about the next gen systems? They'll ALL use DL media. This better get cracked... I wish I didn't suck at computers or I'd give it a go...

9. cdneger

cdneger Member

Erm guys there's a release out there, the UniversalWarez one, that hasn't been nuked *yet*. It's been up since yesterday. As of right now it has one seeder and about 1150 leechers. The claim is that this is a working version. I for one find it EXTREMELY unlikely but it hasn't been disproved thus far.
    Can anyone shed some light on this one?

10. BaSsLiNe

BaSsLiNe Member

MAYBE this......?????

playing double layer copy's (GT4) on your ps2

Due to high demand from all of you guys, we released today a beta version of the Firmwarwe v1.4. This firmware will give to everyone the possibility to use the Gran Turismo 4 back up on DVDL+R DL with the Infinity.

they say..... With the infinity...

Maybe the swapmagic 3.6 to....????

http://www.infinitymod.com/matrix/files/downloads/InfinityFW14.zip

11. kingade

kingade Member

how would it work with SM3.6

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

it wont