1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gt4 possible backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jerzee91, Mar 17, 2005.

1. jerzee91

jerzee91 Member

ive made an image of gt4 in alcohol 120% then mounted the device. I used dvd decrypter to decrypt it which made 3 files.

burnt the original dual layer iso using dvd+r dual layer, then burnt a copy of the isos that were extracted using dvd decrypter...i used nero to burn the first layer into a normal dvd-r and burnt the second dvd using a normal dvd-r as well...

all in total i have the dual layer dvd+r
    first part of the game into a dvd-r
    2nd part of the game in another dvd-r

inserted the first part dvd-r and booted it up to the warning screen of gt4...however my ps2 dvd+r cannot be read by my ps2....i was wondering if u can purchase dual layer dvd-r..so hopefully then once gt4 loads using the first part of the dvd,,i can just insert the dual layer dvd-r.....

any ideas guys???it prb wont work but im just trying

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

It's been tried a million times and it doesn't work because the original is pressed in PTP format (both layers going from inside out) and all DL media right now is OTP format (1st layer inside out, 2nd layer outside in) and that throws the game through a loop.

Also, no there is no DVD-R DL available at this time, but it's in the works. If that can burn PTP, we'd be all set.

Honestly I was disappointed in the game. Yeah it's got like a million cars and tracks, but racing games like that bore me pretty quick. Give me Burnout 3 any day!