1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT4 to ps2 HDD

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by EdChung, Mar 3, 2005.

1. EdChung

EdChung Member

k, I heard that u need to install it to your hdd through a computer, and i did. but the problem is when i try booting it on the hard drive it will bring me to the being a safe driver screen and then just stay black...

i use a maxtor 160gb and hdAdvance 2.0 also the version of gt4 is the european pal version. Also, if you got the same version and didn't work may u plz give me a reply here?

Thx in Advance

EdChung

2. mikeyb25

mikeyb25 Member

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. EdChung

EdChung Member

Well i did read the 700+ post when i posted it, but... everyone refers to ripping the dvd-9 to 2 dvd-5 or burning a dual layer dvd...so thats why i planned to make this thread so people that have any luck in getting to work on the ps2 hdd... Well, there are two main reasons to do this and they are not all people have a dual layer dvd burner with dvd-9's and there is way less laser stress on the ps2 by running on the hdd...

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

On the first layer of this dual-layer game, there are calls to the second layer of the disc, and vice-versa. If you load this on your HDD, it will not play because there will be no second layer of the "disc" to look at and the game will get very confused.