1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT4 with Sony CD/DVD-Rom Rebuilder?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by hedmunky, Mar 11, 2005.

1. hedmunky

hedmunky Member

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Sony CD/DVD-Rom Rebuilder with GT4

"The tools used by Sony to build ISO files of their PS + PS2 games. Helpfull when patching ISO's to work on modded PS2s and rebuilding the ISO's to reduce file sizes. (Make DVD9s into DVD5s, DVD5s into CD-rips. etc)"

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

someone said they tried it and it actually increased in size. Weird...

3. hedmunky

hedmunky Member

but the final ISO I made with it was 2.49MB. But I used ISObuster to extract the files and I only got about 2 1/2 gigs and at the end no it didnt work.I wanna try using DVD Decryptor and extract the files so I get all the files on both layers but I dont wanna waste another DVD.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It doesn't work rebuilding with CD/Dvd Rom Generator.It is alot more complicated than just rebuilding the existing files in it.I think something has to be ripped from the .VOL files from both LAYERS of the game,then rebuilt and relinked to the right location.Then after this is done,the dvd checks would have to be modified and made into an .iso file.If I was you I would just wait for someone to make a program to extract the files from the .VOL files from GT4.