1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gta freezes during og log bike chase whats the deal

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by joker82, Nov 10, 2004.

1. joker82

joker82 Member

during the og log chase the game always freezes and won't do anything and I have to restart the game all over. I use memerox dvd-r and so far it works but just this one mission freezes what do I need a better media or what.

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

Does it freeze each time you reach the bike bit?

Cuz my backup is on GAME brand media(optodisc according to decrypter). It runs fine occasional stutters in loading, graphics dissapearing for a few minutes. Last night graphics dissapeared for ages, dead annoying but other than that it works fine.

I'm only saying this as my media is quite cheap, 10 pounds for 5 dvd-r's. I burn at x2 in decrypter.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

£10 for 5 dvd-r's don't seem cheap to me, i got 50 ritek g05 dvd-r's yesterday for £19

4. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

£10 pound for 5 dvd-r. thats a rip off especially if its crappy media. I buy a 25 pack of ritek G04 for £8.99

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

I said they are crappy because they are game brand(Sold by game, in a GAME box not made by GAME), I haven't had a failed backup yet, all work on first attempt. and they are optodisc(with a string of bout 4 or 5 numbers after them according to decrypter).

But I can't find Ritek anywhere, i'm guessing that you can buy them in stores like PCworld and Dixons, cuz a few small comp stores near me don't sell Ritek. Ritek GO4 is the best I take it?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

personaly i wouldn't buy anything from pc world and the best media is probably taiyo yuden but ritek g04 dvdr discs are quite good allthough there seems to be some dodgy g04 in circulation at the moment

7. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

I live in Ireland and buy them of e bay from a U.K seller. Never had a problem with movie s or games and yes they are the best

8. teggy

teggy Regular member

well I have 9 optopdisc DVDR left, il get thru them and see how they go then i'll try Ritek I guess.

9. joker82

joker82 Member

I get my cd's from comp usa I catch the named brands on sale like somtimes they have 50 packs for 30 to 50 dollers. Instead of getting a 50 pack for 80. I use to use comp usa dvd's but using them for back ups and movies is terrible so thats what made me go to name brands but yet for this game its having trouble I seen on another forum someone uses tdk media and it works fine and so when I come to some money I'll keep ya'll posted. But yea during the chase a lot of graphics load during this game play and Im a all smashing into things that ain't there but everytime I play this sceen only it just freezes and is very annoying.

10. teggy

teggy Regular member

Yeah the graphics things happesn thruout the game, a friend says it happens and his is not a backup.

Oh yeah, the Ritek G04 is just the dye, right? Cuz I checked ebay like ozzy1 said and seen that they are Datawrite. Now my sister has quite a few movies on Datawrite discs, so hopefully now I won't have to use Ebay cuz I dnt have my switch card yet :'( . Woohoo.

11. joker82

joker82 Member

Sorry to shatter ya'll dreams but I heard the ritek dvd's has a lot of problems too from a lot of these forums but yet they also say it is the best and I haven't use theses yet because I don't think they sell it over here so but once I get some I'll try them out and see how they are. But please someone out there help wit these grand theft auto s.a issues aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhjsaksnj;kjdb;/ FBJDAj a;.kdsa.

sorry

12. ideaone

ideaone Member

hey guys, i had the same problem as joker82, gta:sa would freeze up during the og loc bike chase. I found a way to get round this so i hope this helps anyone who has also had this very annoying problem! simple as really, start the mission, when you get to the house where u must ring the doorbell activate the slow motion cheat by pressing; triangle up right down square r2 r1. you can do it twice and it will make it even slower, this makes the bike chase much easier and it doesn't seem to freeze up and obviously because it's slow you don't get the problem of graphics not loading. once completed you can deactivate slow motion by pressing; triangle up right down L2 L1 square. make sure you do the cheat twice if you did the slow mo cheat twice. Hope this helps as it worked for me!

13. joker82

joker82 Member

alright I'll try that out good looks