1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA News

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by xXxBG, Aug 2, 2007.

1. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

Did you gus HERE this NEWS,IM OUTRAGED

2. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

For all who dont know this is for GTA IV

3. pisho

pisho Member

Almost cryed when i read this, but i guess its better to have a great game later, then an average game now.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

first lair now this, sony better have a goooooooood psn update next week. this suucks

5. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

That news has completly ruined my day. And ive already pre-ordered it as well. One of the only games i was looking forward to. Oh well.At least i still have FIFA, PES and Call of duty 4 to look forward to...

6. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

Dont Forget MGS4, Assasins Creed

7. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

And all of them are the responsibility of the devs, it is not Sony's fault.

8. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

9. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

I read somewhere that Sony has a contract with Take Two that states they can not release the 360 version before the PS3 version.Thank god for that contract because i know the xbots would be foaming at the mouth if they get this before we did.

10. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  11. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

yeah that's true. i just hope they give us some good demos and such anyway. lol

12. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Lol I don't think this GTA is going to live up to our expectations. First of all there having a hard time trying to fit this stuff onto the 360 and the PS3 can do way more things so if it was on the PS3 it would be better. Not really looking forward to GTA anymore. At least there is Assassins Creed, MGS4, GRAW 2, maybe warhawk, and Socom Confrontation.

13. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Thats the thing with games like these, they get over-hyped to a point that when they actually are released they dont live up to expectation and people are disappointed with the results.

14. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i wonder what to due with my best buy preorder. its only valid in october. i'm losing interest in this game pretty deeply with time, thanks to the 360 and the game appearing to be held back. a ported game has the restrictions of both consoles, and the benefits only where the two systems are the same. so ported game never can do as much as they should. not to mention the ps3 has so much more for this kind of game. i do hope the next gta is ps3 exclusive. if not, it and gta 4 better rule somehow. even a decent gta4 will it for me, theres just so little left to do for this genre and so much size restrictions for next gen gaming thanks to the low-balling so called "next gen" xbox 360 (x in xbox means "just another pc in a.."). nothing in it but more cores, high latency ram (this sucks for the cpu and related things.), a decent gpu, an edram unable to do aa for benefit at 1080 and subpar at 720, and a failure rate of %30-35.

15. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Yeah the 360 is really bringing down my hopes on GTA 4 it would be way better if it was an exclusive on the PS3. I don't even know if I'm going to buy it now. :'(

16. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

Dude u should still buy it, Yeah Ken Kuturagi Messed up but at least the 360 didnt get it as exlusive

17. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

see how the ps3 benefits in exclusives? but with ports they get the shaft? working around both systems flaws and using only their common ground produced lackluster games when one of the two lacks certain key development points. this is also more of a reason why ports can not be used to judge the graphics difference. exclusive on the ps3 seem to hol that edge in %875 of the case.

18. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Yeah most likely ill buy it cause i have always been a big fan on the GTA series ever since the first one.