1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA SA blank screen !

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ahmerkhan, Nov 6, 2004.

1. ahmerkhan

ahmerkhan Member

OK i have a magic 3.1 mod chip in my version 6 console. I use Dvd decrytper to save image to harddrive. I have backed the image up to 5 different types of media, Dvd-r media which i used for all my other backups. I load it on the ps2, and it loads not going to the memory card/disk screen, then it goes to the screen with the playstation logo pops up, then the screen just stays plank from there. left it on for about 20 min still blank screen. What am i doing wrong, all other back upsm work fine .. thanks in advance

2. offset

offset Regular member

Try a name brand DVD+R disc. I had a shitload of coasters until I burned the game on a Maxell DVD+R.

Good Luck

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  3. ahmerkhan

ahmerkhan Member

tried that .. NO luck same result n e other ideas ?

4. offset

offset Regular member

The only other thing I could think of is to slow your burn speed down to a 1x or 2x. Seems like a lot of people are having issues burning this game. Good Luck.

5. ahmerkhan

ahmerkhan Member

its the slowest speed possible. do u think its cause i have a cheap burner.. i burn all my other games with it

6. rj21

rj21 Regular member

ive burnt gta sa and it loads to the game but ever now and then it comes up sayin disc read error or something like that im useing a pioneer dvr108dx DVD Decrypter on ritek dvd-r if anyone could help me out it would be great(Y)

7. Stryker12

Stryker12 Member

I used Sonic Record Now Dx and did just clicked on "exact copy" of the disc and my back-up hasn't given me any problems yet, i used memorex 4x DVD-Rs witht eh sunken in lids.

8. ahmerkhan

ahmerkhan Member

what mod chip are u using. how long after the playstation screen does it take to loaD ?