1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA:SA PRoblem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by P2Sinfo, Apr 28, 2005.

1. P2Sinfo

P2Sinfo Member

Hi there, I am using a backup of GTA:SA that I made of orginial, and for some reason when I am playing the game an error comes up say Reading Error cannot read GTA:SA CD. This pops even more when using AR Max, what is wrong? No other game has this prblem even when using AR MAX.

2. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

The GTA series always stuffs up when using cheats,ARMAX or codes. if you use to many of them the whole disc stuffs up. best thing to do is try not to save it with cheats activated or your game will slowly stop working. To fix most of this problem I deleted my save game and downloaded a complete one with no cheats used.but occasionally it still says it cant read the disc but stops after a few seconds.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I have never used AR Max cheats, i go oldschool and enter the codes that you have to press buttons for on the controller, never have any problems with those. I think many people have problems with their GTA back ups, it is a very large and graphically intense game. If you don't have a good burner (burning it at a very slow speed), and real good media it will cause you problems.

4. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

hmmm, strange. I used AR max just about everytime i play GTA SA, so i can pick my car to start with, and with or without backup i get no DREs. But i did get them constantly with my original when i first got it and took it back and they replaced it

like steimy said, make sure you got good media and burn as slow as you can

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005