1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA SA: THE LOADING SCREEN STUFF UP

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by evilkelvi, Oct 27, 2004.

1. evilkelvi

evilkelvi Member

ey, i downloaded sa and um... i did everything correctly like extracting the iso and stuff. Well after doin all that, ive got all the files right? i was told to get dvd decryptor... I used it to burn GTASA.... I used Maxplay 4x -R BLANKS.. It worked. I used the swapmethod with AR2 on the ps2 and it worked. SA loaded up with the intro and the R* symbol.. After the intro there is an Loading screen.. well it just stops there like for ever... Does anyone have this prob??? I tried using diff media including tdk,Imation,and more tdk.. they all dont work.... help me plz...

2. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

change your drive speed, take out the disc turn on your ps2 let it load and you will see "version" in the bottom right hand corner...Click that go into drive speed and change it from standard to fast, see how that works.

3. manila555

manila555 Member

Hey evil i have the exact same problem, I backed up GTA:SA, I have a version 1 PS2 and i use Swap Magic DVD with a fliptop. The game loads fine and then when it reaches the loading screen where the bar is filling.

The bar fills up all the way but then it just stops there. I tried it on my other PS2 which is probably a version 5, 6, or 7 and it has the same problem except this time it gets part the loading screen. What happens is it has the loading screen where the bar fills up, once the bar fills up it fades to black then it gives me a message saying "Error reading Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Disc".

Anyone else have this problem????? Hopefully a patch will come out to fix it. Or any help would be appreciated

4. jonels

jonels Regular member

what are u using for the toc refresh ?

5. manila555

manila555 Member

What do you mean what do i use for toc refresh???? I use a swap magic dvd and a flip top.

What i do is i boot my Swap Magic dvd, once it loads it will ask you to swap the Swap Magic dvd disc with the back up then you press X and it loads.

6. jonels

jonels Regular member

hmm strange , i use swap magic it its fine ,what is the size of your burnt dvd ? windows reports 4.19GB ..
    4,499,767,296 bytes ... maybe there is a dodge version on the net with a few files missing ?

7. Yellers

Yellers Member

apparently its to do with the media you use, i have burned 6 coasters with 2 different media types, there seems to be a 100% sucess rate with Ritek g04's DVD-R on all console versions and mod chip types...

8. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

Im using arita dvd+, they are by far the best I have ever used...Perfect dvd everytime

9. nsr250

nsr250 Member

I got the same problem too, but it said "Disc Error" when loading "Sweet and Kendi" screen. I use Devil May Cry 2 for TOC refresh. My friend has a V9 and has no problem.

10. madison19

madison19 Member

I have already successfully made a backup of my GTA SA and everything works just fine. I used imation dvd+r and used dvd decrypter to burn it. I have a magic swap dvd version 2.0 with a slide card and everything works.

11. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

When I get into the game a little bit, every once in a while a black screen pops up for me saying the same thing some ppl are getting... "Error reading Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Disc." I just give it like 30 seconds or so, and it'll pop the game back on... also whenever I'm crusin around on the game, sometimes houses, streets, and other details lag a whole lot in loading and sometimes aren't even there lol. I'm using Ritek G04's, V7 PS2, Swap Magic DVD... not sure what's causing this, but the same thing is happening for my friend as well.

12. evilkelvi

evilkelvi Member

whoa.. Imation R+ works for ya nice... Imation R- doesnt even work for me...-_-" I might get some of those Riteks iver heard about

13. nsr250

nsr250 Member

So madison19, you don't even need to refresh TOC using Devil May Cry 2? Just Swap Magic DVD?

14. evilkelvi

evilkelvi Member

lolz, today i tried using alchol 120% nero and dycryptor... all dont work its all the same Loading screen..... what can i doo anybody???????

15. BerinG

BerinG Member

i alos get this screen once in a while.. i used memorex 4x dvd+r.. but it only takes like a second or 2 to get back in the game.. no where near 30 seconds.. and its usually when in a car with the radio on and driving.. i burned it on Maxell dvd+r 4x and changed the option for FAST speed in the PS2 configuration (before any games start) and haven't had the problem again..

will be playing some more tonight to see if it really did fix the problem

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  16. nsanetaz

nsanetaz Guest

i have thesame problem whenit loads at theloading screen the barfills all the way up than it freezes

17. nsanetaz

nsanetaz Guest

Im Having the same problem with my copy of gta sa it loads to the long loading screen than it loads the bar forever what could it be

18. nsanetaz

nsanetaz Guest

Im Having the same problem with my copy of gta sa it loads to the long loading screen than it loads the bar forever what could it be

19. psychoPat

psychoPat Member

Only 1 good answer BAD MEDIA !!! :(
    Forget about patches or TOC refresh... i've had the exact same problems for a week until after reading here http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

i got my hands on some Maxell MXLRG02's ... guess what... the game works like a charm with swap magic dvd.

Now if i could just find a place that sells them at less than $2 a piece... i ain't lookin' back :)

20. dmusolino

dmusolino Member

Ive also had that 'loading bar fills up then the game freezes' problem, since i got a modchip installed on my v7 PS2. But what i dont understand is that this is the actual original game which i bought not a backup copy that worked perfectly before chipping my ps2.