1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA:SA (yah yah another GTA thread)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dg3elite, Jan 4, 2005.

1. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

I've seen so many posts on this game but none that uses my media and ps2 version.

Maxell DVD-R's on Ps2 V4 using swap magic 3.3.

iv had sucess with alcohol, nero and decrypter. which one is the best for this game? i've heard nero is no good.

and is 2x a good speed to be burning at?

thanks

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

i burned the game at 4x on a traxdata dvd + r 8x. i use alcohol 120%. The game works perfect , i only get that error(read about it in the forums) sumtimes wich is also in the original .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2005
  3. sizla

sizla Member

I just burned the game yesterday using dvd decrypter and a verbatim dvd-r burned at 2x and the game works..so try decrypter and verbatim media(-). I'm using magic swap disc and slide card version 3.3 peace out.

4. guamon

guamon Member

i used alcohal 120% (sadly it expired *CRY* ) with a no name brand disc at 4x and sum special options but i sumtimes get error reading disc thats the bad part but it works good

5. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

thanks for the replies.. it should work with maxell at 2x i assume.

i always thought it would be a problem but i guess not.

i've heard burnout 3 has some problems burning, that true too?

6. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

burnout 3 .... no problems for me , burned it at 4x on dvd +r mmore

7. wonder05

wonder05 Member

Since this is a GTA:SA thread, I have a question of my own. I recently copied my GTA:SA game onto my hard drive. (well, to be accurate, it was my friend's copy, since mine became too scratched after I adjusted the laser in my ps2 too high) Anyway, It seems to work fine, except when I come to a new area requiring many new textures to be loaded. In such a case, the game seems to slow down a bit, and the framerate seems to drop.

I was wondering if there is any way to fix this? I have heard that some games don't work well unless they are patched using the original diskID? or could it just be that the HDD interface is too slow?

8. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

i dont use or know anything about HDLoader or HDAdvance but maybe the hard drives rpm's are low? im not sure i heard it doesnt matter about the rpm's though.. it could be it but dont count on it.

9. wonder05

wonder05 Member

Its a 7200 RPM drive. No problem there. Given a fst enough pipeline, it could do 40MB/s easily. However, I noticed while trying to install a game via network, it only copied at about .8MB/s. Since the network I've set up is 10Mb/s and my PC rips games between 5 and 10 MB/s, the bottleneck has to be the ps2; likely the network adapter. Logic tells me that that bottleneck may apply while loading games as well.