1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA SA

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Winning11, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

Has anyone got SA to work on a magic 3.1 chip?? if so please explaion your method.

2. ta3al-mus

ta3al-mus Member

wats ur problem , i mean where does it hang!

3. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

Everything works. But when i go outside from buildings, like from CJ's house, it loads forever. I made 2 copies with decrypter at 1X and 2X on a memorex dvd-r. The one at 1x takes forever to load at the intro, skipps alot and the roads dissapear. But the one at 2x works fine expect going outside from buildings.

4. mugz

mugz Member

Roads disappear on the original at some places, at least for me.

5. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

Does everyone have problems loading it? Who didn't have a problem and burnt the paranoid release?

6. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

memorex dvd-r's will screw up your ps2...i know that for a fact...change the media and see if that helps...go with maxell, verbatim, TDK or ritek ridat GO4

7. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

Thanks so I take it that Ritek Ridata G04 is the best media for it.

8. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

the only thing with the ritek is that they can hardly be found in any stores...u can only order them off the net...if ur not comfortable doing that or for any other reason u cant...then just go with the other 3 brands i recommended as they can be found in stores

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  9. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

Thanks, yeah I will order it off the net. Right now I am just wondering what games to get besides GTA San Andreas.

10. fiapop

fiapop Member

i had problem with GT SA... i used a NEWEGG media. dvd-r... i have swapmagic 3 ... and the game didnt even LOAD. when i press X... a red outline appeared around the swap magic screen... and nothing happened.

11. ahmerkhan

ahmerkhan Member

I have a magic 3.1 mod chip. And i backed up Gta sa with dvd decrypter, from then i have used about 5 different types of media burning at a rate of 1x to back up this game. I load it on my ps2 and it loads as in it doesnt go to the disk or memory card screen. IT shows the playstation logo and then it just stays blank. I have herd of the long loading times but i left it on for 20 min with just a blank screen after the play station 2 logo comes up. My laser reads all other back ups. N e idea ?

12. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

I finally got it to work. Burned it on a maxell dvd-r with decrypter at 2x. everything works now.

13. TheAxe

TheAxe Guest

I tried Ridata G04 then the G05. DVD Decrypter then Alcohol 120% with a NEC 2510a Same results. When you leave cjs house it takes forever to load. Disk read errors now and then. I have backed over 60 games no problem.I think this game is just troublesome to backup.