1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA san andreas . Disc read error

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by saltan23, Oct 30, 2004.

1. saltan23

saltan23 Member

I just copied a Real GTA .SA disc.. and burnt it using nero. The game plays and i can even cruise around the city..but not for long...after a while..an error screen comes up..say error reading Grand theft Auto san andreas disc. This error also comes up when i try to do the first mission. The ps2 just stops readin the disc.. i burnt it at 1x . I gave this same disc to my friend and it worked fine on his ps2 with a magic 3.1... i have magic 3 . His ps2 was cleaned recently...and mine is fairly dirty.. does anyone know why mine gives the error an not his... is it the Lasers problem...or the modchip..or somethin else?

2. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

I've got this same B.S. problem, I tried cleaning it and then adjusting the disc speed. It worked for a while but nothing to brag about and went back to it's usual crummy self.....

I get those disc read errors/disappearing areas/freezing/horrible load times...

Just irritates the bejesus out of me.

3. 4u2break

4u2break Member

I'm getting the same problem with v7, swap magic...but if i wait a few minutes, the game continues where I left off...a fix would be nice

4. saltan23

saltan23 Member

this problem does not seem to be the ps2 laser since i can play every other game fine. The only question is y my friends ps2 plays it and mine doesnt? it might be because of the higher model of his ps2. Can someone plz help.

5. Stang04

Stang04 Member

wat kind of media are u guys using? I see saltan23 is using no name brand dvd's, maybe try a good media if u arent using one now.

6. saltan23

saltan23 Member

even if we use cheap media.. would the error occur at the same spot in the game over an over. even if we burn it several times?

7. saltan23

saltan23 Member

or could it be the burner. i have an LG burner i dont remember the exact model ... just a question- if the media is cheap how come this same media works on my friends ps2 that has a magic 3.1 aswell?

8. Stoan

Stoan Member

Its how your ripping it, when the data preciciosn isnt set high enough I dont know why but the ps2 looks for very specific things if its on a DVD. Ive just learned of this myself but there is a remedy for it, sort of.

9. saltan23

saltan23 Member

I used nero to copy it.. is this not good? wat prog should i use? even if the ps2 looks for specific things, how come the same disc that doesnt work on mine works on a friends...could it be because of the higher model of his ps2?

10. Stoan

Stoan Member

That tutorial i just posted tells you how to do it with alcohol 120. Ive tried nero-> didnt work
    CDRWIN-> Didnt work
    Clonecd->nope
    magiciso->Nope
    cyberlink producer->nope
    and a few others that didnt work.

11. saltan23

saltan23 Member

Nice Tutorial...thanx ill try alchohol. did u happen to try DVD decryptor. i have burnt SA before with Alcohol but i did not make the image in it.. so hopefully this will work. Do u think that having a modchip instead of a swap method would affect this problem?

12. Stoan

Stoan Member

I havnet tried dvd decrypt but my friend has a modchip and all he has to do is burn them ona dvd-r and they work perfectly <--jealous :D

13. laser_204

laser_204 Member

ok for the people having problems with gta sa.i burned a perfect copy,well the game its self isnt really perfect.anyways plays with no problems.now i have a ver.4
    with the DUO chip,i using TDK dvd+r's for mine.now i just chipped 2 ver 4's with the new DUO 2 chip and it will not load dvd+r's,so i burned the same game using the same software (nero) on a dvd-r and it loads but will not play long.so now i know its the media that im using.(cheap comp usa dvd).no i see alot of people using dvd decrypter to do there games,well all i use is nero.so for the guys having problems with nero heres what i do.
    now im using nero 6 ultra edition 6.0.0.23
    load nero burning ROM
    now you will get a new compilation window CANCLE THAT.
    at the top right you will see a pulldown menu this is to pick you dvd reader or burner,pick reader.
    now click on recorder and copy disc and your done.
    now when thats done go back to the pulldown menu and pick your burner,goto recorder and now BURN IMAGE.
    the set it to 2.4 and you should have a great copy.now if this doesnt work then check your media.i have 50 backups and they all work great.good luck

14. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

I too had the same problem. It was the media. Ritek G05 discs gave me those error messages in the game. I bought some TDK and they work like a charm. I've played for hours straight with no error messages popping up.

This is what I used. I burned at 2X using DVD Decrypter.

[​IMG]

15. saltan23

saltan23 Member

but how would u explain this...that my burned disc works almost perfect on my friends..that has the same chip as me. how does this work.. on mine it freezes but his almost never does.

16. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

You know saltan , this whole copying thing is trial and error cause I got disc read errors with san andreas using the so called best ritek go4 burnt at 1x with decryptor and then used an old -rw and made a perfect copy on alcohol with stoans settings..Im starting to wonder if the ritek go4's are all they are cracked up to be but most of my other games worked with the ritek and decryptor "go figure"

17. saltan23

saltan23 Member

i understand...but that still doesnt answer my question

18. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

Well the only real explanation might be that your friends ps2 is newer and might be better at reading discs and you said that he just got his laser cleaned..

19. wwegames

wwegames Member

i think GTA SA is dual layer and you need dual burner and dvd to copy this game.

20. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

no its single layer 4.19 gig