1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gta san andreas problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by lastrada, Jan 5, 2005.

1. lastrada

lastrada Guest

i when out and bought A tdk dvd-r 4x , i have verison 5 ps2 . i burn gta and the movie plays smooth, it even start loading smooth, then it say error reading disc. i use dvd decrepter. so i burn it over using record now 9, same problem. 2 weeks ago i burn it on a 8x memorex dvd-r and it load super slow, sound it mess up but i could still play the game. now i put back the memorex dvd-r back in my ps2 and it loads half way then says error reading disc. what can possible be the problem

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what speed are you burning at?

3. lastrada

lastrada Guest

i burn at 2x

4. lastrada

lastrada Guest

i heard on one of the threads that gta sa is a dvd+r format and not a dvd-r

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

GTA San Andreas is one of those games where you will need really good Media. I hear of ritek G04, is it? Try those, remember to burn at 2x.

6. lastrada

lastrada Guest

some i use the ritek go4 at 2x on one of these thread and they said it didnt work. do u think i need to burn the game id or something . because afer it loads half way it reconizge that the cd isnt gta sa

7. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

Ok you can burn GTA: San Andreas on + or - on a DVD. I would suggest + if you PS2 can read it because it reads smoother (well for me). Use Grade A DVDs which might be a little pricey BUT they work like a dream. I suggest Vertabim and FujiFilm.. especially those Taiyo Yuden (how the hell you spell it?). I have used Maxwell DVD-R with GTA: San Andreas and it works great.. the loading from a house to outside or w/e might be slow but thats how the original is (some people say).

**EDIT**
    AND MAKE SURE YOU BURN 4x OR BELOW!! ITS FOR BEST QUALITY!!

Good Luck!
    Chris

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  8. sizla

sizla Member

I burned GTASA on a verbatim media(-)dvd-r and it works great. PS2 V1 with swap magic 3.3 and slide card. try it

9. lastrada

lastrada Guest

i have ps2 v5, with swap magic/cd loader. i burn it on 4x dvd-r tdk. tdk is a good brand but i dunno y it dont work. its also pricey its $2.50 for 1

10. hursty

hursty Active member

use different media

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

some people cliam that games like gta (constantly reading) work better on +r discs. You could try that if possible.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  12. hursty

hursty Active member

thought dvd+r wont work on v5?? or is that v4?

13. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

it works on v5+ and some v4's (works on mine).

14. ducatis

ducatis Guest

no matter what version of ps2 they read -R better then +R. i burnt GTA-SA on DGM DVD-R and loads and plays perfectly.

NOTE: -R are intended for game and data(game is data)use. +R are intended for video

15. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

yea but half the game is mostly video and when its video its choppy and stuff like my call of duty: finest hour was. hmm i maybe shuold try it on dvd+r because i should.